What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any case similar to Otterbox Denfender

coreyrc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Griffin makes one that I saw at Best Buy recently, called the Survivor case. Seems a bit more bulky than the OtterBox, though.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesn't look like the survivor has a cover for the screen when transporting though. I got the OtterBox Defender and was very disappointed to discover that there is a quarter sized area in each corner where the screen is exposed when the front cover is on... kind of defeats the purpose. Sold it on craigslist. Costco has the Defender for $59 I think if your wanting to get it.

Cord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What shortcomings did you find in the Otterbox Defender for the iPad 1 Classic ....?

MsMaine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only the relatively substantial weight - the defender case for original iPad is very well designed and secure, non- slip.... The fact that the cover over the recharge port detaches does risk loss for that piece, but otherwise, a super case.

OP
G

Grooveguru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found a new Otterbox Defender on eBay cheap so it's on the way. Let you guys know what I think.

OP
G

Grooveguru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the Otterbox today! iPad now living in the "batsuit"! Very Cool case!

Cord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the Otterbox today! iPad now living in the "batsuit"! Very Cool case!

Did you receive the screen protector, screen applicator, and micro fiber cleaning cloth in the packet with it as well..... some were missing that were sold to AT&T stores because ATT wanted to sell their own screen protectors and told Otterbox to leave them out....

Rich

OP
G

Grooveguru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope no cloth or screen protector. But only paid 22.97 for it so score!

Most reactions

Latest posts