1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Any Camera kit to download pics from sd card direct to Ipad2?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by cammyrose5, Sep 8, 2011.

1. cammyrose5

cammyrose5 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be traveling for a month and want to post pictures to Facebook from my Ipad2. Didnt want to lug my laptop. I will be using my casio camera and was hoping to buy a little plug in to load from camera sd card into IPad. My IPad is new and upgraded and I am reading that the plugs may not work. Anyone have any experience with this?
  2. jobyaa

jobyaa iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,I've got a digitalslr camera and I wanted to download straight away also so just bought a cheap iPad camera connection kit of eBay.when you turn on camera iPad suggests that it's not supported ,but if you just dismiss this it will download no problem at all.I've been doing this now for about 8 months and have downloaded over 1,000 photos to date no probes
    Hope this helps
    Dirk
  3. cammyrose5

cammyrose5 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was looking at some os the 2 n 1 connecttors on amazon. Reviews were all over the place even for the apple product. Something about the new os powering down the input. What os do you use I. Your ipad2? Thanks.
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +764 / 0
    Well, I have Apple's CCK (Camera Connection Kit) which comes w/ 2 connectors, one for SD cards and the other for a standard USB male adapter. I've used the SD option successfully w/ both my digitital cameras (Canon & Panasonic).

Now, there are many other 'similar' non-Apple adapters for this purpose but check out reviews on Amazon; yes, these are often much less expensive but seem to be more troublesome. If uploading your images to Facebook on your trip is of vital importance, then purchase and test before going - good luck! :)

[​IMG]