What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any bleeding issues with shipments that were ordered online?

yanks66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am receiving my ipad 2 tommorow, YAY! But just curious if the bleeding is still happening with shipments?

thanks!

al210

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a little bit in the lower right corner.

Can't really notice it unless the screen is black. I turned on the camera up against a black background to check for the leakage.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the title of this thread......being a Londoner born and bred it sounds like a local complaining about anything they have ordered online, don't believe me? Get a copy of Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels and try saying it using one of those accents!

Apples and pears and all that innit!

The Archangel

OP
Y

yanks66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't think about it when I wrote it, but my english coworkers would be proud.
Thanks for the responses. I hope not to have or at least the bare minimum.

Bobbi

nealh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my black 32gb wifi and I have bleeding at bottom and in the top left.

I am going to see if I can get a replacement. Every apple product I have bought was defective. 2g iPhone overheat, iphone4 yellow pic, iMac USB ports did not work.

Now a $600 ipad2. Jeez. Really poor qc imho

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Please read my response to this issue in Apple iPad News in the thread called
Apple Looking Into Using New Back Light Supplier for iPad 2
. I think it will relieve a lot of concern over this issue. Thanks.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NO BLEEDING FOR ME. but i'm sure my fingers will be bleeding soon from my endless tapping.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i was worried about bleeding before i got my ipad. i even started a thread about it myself if i can remember.

i received mine in the post last week from ordering online and yes, it does bleed in places, but it's so minimal and you only notice it in certain circumstances that dont often even come up that often.

it certainly isnt an issue with me which i thought it would be if it wasnt perfect.

just wait and see. :)

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not noticed any light bleeds in my Ipad at all. I use my Ipad doing all the normal things in lighted rooms and at night in a pitch black room. All is good. I have not ran any TESTS on it as I have not felt the need as it is working for me and how I use it.

I feel that this whole light bleed thing is just way over hyped. Apple has already sold millions of the Ipad2 and very few of them have any problems at all. The only reason you hear about it is when someone does have a problem they bitch about it online and those are the post you see. You don't see posts from the other million buyers that received a defect free product.

Stop wasting you time worrying, it will not solve a thing and is a complete waste of time. Odds are really in you favor that it will work just fine, but if in the very odd chance it is defective return it and get another one.

No matter what life will go on.

fastfwd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not ran any TESTS on it as I have not felt the need as it is working for me and how I use it.

Well said. I CAN see very slight light bleeding if I use it a max brightness in a very dark room but I never to that because it hurts my eyes anyway. I usually leave it at half-brightness most of the time and use full in direct sun or least when reading before bed. Never see any bleeding during normal use.

Most reactions

Latest posts