What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any APPS that actually work in printing to corporate network printers?

nizmoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been trying to find one that will actually list the printers that do not support AIRPRINT so our users when we give them ipads can print to the network printers. Anyone have any ideas what APP will do this? I tried Print Central and that was a joke and didn't show a single printer.

All these printers are shared through a Windows 2008 R2 server.

OP
N

nizmoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^^ That doesn't answer my question. I said I needed an APP that will allow our users to print to non-airprint network wired printers.

Bhelson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you loaded Weprint

I had the same issue (still am in a way). I downloaded Print n Share and then had to download reprint on my PC. Now I am able to print to any printer that is on our network and from anywhere. We have 26 branches across 10 states so it's very handy. I had to add my own home printer to our network though as the App didn't recognize a cannon printer.

The issue that I have with this is the fact that my PC must be on and logged into the network itself because the app works through the network via the PC. Yeah, that kinda sucks and therefore, don't use it too much because I always have my laptop with me (although I don't want to open it and had rather work from my ipad) but; if your employee's leave their computers at the office and leave them on, Print n Share will work fine, no matter where the employee chooses to use her ipad.

One other thing...I have a buddy that tells me he has worked around that issue and can fix me up so that my PC does not need to be on to print. Problem is, he's in Europe for 3 weeks and I am awaiting his return. If you haven't had any luck with your issue by the time I get his attention, I'll pass along his wisdom. I know it's frustrating when you need to do something but can't!!

Bart

PS...I am having an issue posting (uploading pictures to an open forum that I need to use for a hobby of mine but I can't post from my ipad. Do you know of a way to do this or...know how I might find something of this nature on this forum. I am new on this forum and my searching abilities are inept at best...ha

OP
N

nizmoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue (still am in a way). I downloaded Print n Share and then had to download reprint on my PC. Now I am able to print to any printer that is on our network and from anywhere. We have 26 branches across 10 states so it's very handy. I had to add my own home printer to our network though as the App didn't recognize a cannon printer.

The issue that I have with this is the fact that my PC must be on and logged into the network itself because the app works through the network via the PC. Yeah, that kinda sucks and therefore, don't use it too much because I always have my laptop with me (although I don't want to open it and had rather work from my ipad) but; if your employee's leave their computers at the office and leave them on, Print n Share will work fine, no matter where the employee chooses to use her ipad.

One other thing...I have a buddy that tells me he has worked around that issue and can fix me up so that my PC does not need to be on to print. Problem is, he's in Europe for 3 weeks and I am awaiting his return. If you haven't had any luck with your issue by the time I get his attention, I'll pass along his wisdom. I know it's frustrating when you need to do something but can't!!

Bart

PS...I am having an issue posting (uploading pictures to an open forum that I need to use for a hobby of mine but I can't post from my ipad. Do you know of a way to do this or...know how I might find something of this nature on this forum. I am new on this forum and my searching abilities are inept at best...ha

I finally found out how to get this working by this link here: How to Install AirPrint to Enable Wireless Printing on Windows? | Jaxov

This did exactly what I needed and now all our printers show up on the ipad and print.

Most reactions

Latest posts