What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any app/tweak to control an ios device with another ios device?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Plain and simple. Is there a jailbreak app that will allow this to happen?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. Veency.

The device you want to control myst be jailbroken, with veency installed. The controlling device can be stock or jailbroken and can use any VNC app to control the other device.

Last edited:
OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Yes. Veency.

The device you want to control myst be jailbroken, with veency installed. The controlling device can be stock or jailbroken and can use any VNC app to control the other device.

Perfect thanks! I will try it now

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what are you using this tweak for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Inked adrenaline said:
Just out of curiosity, what are you using this tweak for?

Usually when I'm home, I leave my iPhone in my room. And I don't want to keep it on me at all times while I'm at home. My iPad is always close to me though. So if I hear my phone go off, I plan on checking it via my iPad. Laziness ftw :]

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, didn't think of that. Post a review after you have had it installed for a few days. I'm anxious to see if it drains a lot of battery.

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Inked adrenaline said:
Ok, didn't think of that. Post a review after you have had it installed for a few days. I'm anxious to see if it drains a lot of battery.

It may, I think my phone has to be on and unlocked in order to veency to work. So I'm planning on keeping it on the charger.

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:
Plain and simple. Is there a jailbreak app that will allow this to happen?[/

Sorry this got posted twice

Last edited:

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:
Plain and simple. Is there a jailbreak app that will allow this to happen?

I really wish apple would consider doing this some how. It would be so helpful for all of us with older parents. And giving my mother a jailbroken ipad would be a recipe for disaster !
that's the only thing holding me back from purchasing her one.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really wish apple would consider doing this some how. It would be so helpful for all of us with older parents. And giving my mother a jailbroken ipad would be a recipe for disaster !
that's the only thing holding me back from purchasing her one.

It would take about 60 seconds to completely hide all aspects of the jailbreak from your mother, so I'm not sure I can accept that an excuse.

I have jailbroken a device on several occasions of a single tweak, such as veency...

1. Jailbreak.
2. Install Veency.
3. Hide Cydia.
4. Device appears as "stock" but has the capability to be controlled remotely.

Just because a device is jailbroken, does not mean that it has to be tweaked to within an inch of it's life. A single, solitary tweak on a device can sometimes be extremely valuable. And Apple isn't going to support remote administration on the iPad anytime soon ;)

Argyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK been asking for a while and have had zero luck finding one...I use Airplay quite often playing movies on the big screen LED...is there a way of being able to pause stop and play from the iphone 4 to the IPAD2... both are jailbroken 6.01 ?? Would veency work somehow??

EDIT : after installing veency on both iphone and IPAD no luck veency shows only on settings...I downloaded veency for sBSettings and as sson as you click on it...RESETS to safe mode...frustrating

how do you run veency is there a link??

Last edited:

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
It would take about 60 seconds to completely hide all aspects of the jailbreak from your mother, so I'm not sure I can accept that an excuse.

I have jailbroken a device on several occasions of a single tweak, such as veency...

1. Jailbreak.
2. Install Veency.
3. Hide Cydia.
4. Device appears as "stock" but has the capability to be controlled remotely.

Just because a device is jailbroken, does not mean that it has to be tweaked to within an inch of it's life. A single, solitary tweak on a device can sometimes be extremely valuable. And Apple isn't going to support remote administration on the iPad anytime soon ;)

Well it really wasn't an excuse , just my reasoning, I don't have a whole lot on my ipad but once in a great while it will need a simple hard reset, my mother has early onset Alzheimer's and it wouldn't be possible for me to explain over the phone how to do that. And I was simply saying I wish apple would consider this. I have no idea what would need to be done to a device to make it be able to do that. It was just a statement, wishful thinking I guess.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well it really wasn't an excuse , just my reasoning, I don't have a whole lot on my ipad but once in a great while it will need a simple hard reset, my mother has early onset Alzheimer's and it wouldn't be possible for me to explain over the phone how to do that. And I was simply saying I wish apple would consider this. I have no idea what would need to be done to a device to make it be able to do that. It was just a statement, wishful thinking I guess.

Fair enough. I used the setup i described for my Grandmother following her stroke.
I just get a little sensitive when people misrepresent a jailbroken device as being radically different from a stock device. It doesn't need to be. It's no different to having another app on there, and the app can be hidden when not required. My wife has no idea that her iPad2 is jailbroken ;)

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Fair enough. I used the setup i described for my Grandmother following her stroke.
I just get a little sensitive when people misrepresent a jailbroken device as being radically different from a stock device. It doesn't need to be. It's no different to having another app on there, and the app can be hidden when not required. My wife has no idea that her iPad2 is jailbroken ;)

Well you may have persuaded me into getting her one, jb or not she would still have to learn how to do a hard reset anyway... So I'll be looking for a refurbished ipad 2 I think

Most reactions

Latest posts