What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

answering questions

galahad1957

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking for a way of playing my cdg songs on the ipad 2. I found someone else who asked the same question in 2012 but got no answers. so what is the point of having a forum when no one gives a shit to answer questions,,,,,

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've deleted the other post you made on this same topic as duplicate posts can fragment any resulting conversation, confusing our members as well as being against our rules.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum galahad1957. Some observations if I may, about the two posts you made as a new member, one of which was removed, with a clear explanation from scifan, above:
No doubt you read the forum rules (see the link in my "signature" below) but must have missed Rule 3.5.... about not bumping your post to draw attention to your problem, as well as the need to wait 48 hours before you are allowed to do that once more? That rule makes sense. We have members here in different time zones and indeed different globe hemispheres. Going by my time zone your first post was received 8.57 am and the second, after you waited all of seven minutes at 9.04 am. I usually read my morning paper after breakfast at that time, so do not get onto my iPad until later in the day. Point being, some people may even have been sleeping at that time and not in a position to attend to your problem.
I note you actually addressed your question specifically to the original poster (OP) of July 2012. You didn't receive an answer as the OP was probably long-absent from this forum or maybe no longer interested in his problem of nearly three years old. He wasn't answered. That's regrettable how that can happen. Maybe because anyone reading at the time may not have known the answer? Or if some usually helpful member did but was otherwise busy or away?
And finally, again those dreaded rules, check out the wording of Rule 1, particularly about this being a family friendly forum. Sure, some words in a sentence which used to raise eyebrows are becoming more acceptable these days. But still, as a new member, your opening post could have been a bit, let's say, more polite or friendlier IMO.
I regret I don't have the knowledge about your issue to help, but I do hope you will receive an answer, as we have a number of very helpful and knowledgable members here.
Again, welcome to the forum!
Andrew

Last edited:

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A quick Google search indicates that some of the karaoke apps play CDG files. I would do a search in the App Store for "karaoke" and read the app descriptions to see which ones can play CDG files.

Most reactions