What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Answered-questions popups

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Irritating popups?

Sorry, probably wrong forum, but what the heck are these irritating popups that appear in very single post in our forums over the last couple of days? Are they really necessary?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There have been several threads started about this and it's been reported to Admin who are looking at it as we speak. It shouldn't be there - so it's not a new policy - a hack, a bug - who knows?

If you have a browser with a filter, you can stop the pop-ups by blocking...

http://mm.chi*

where the '*' is the facility of most filters to mean 'any number of any characters'. At present, there's no way of blocking on Safari. Hopefully, though, it will be fixed really soon.

Tim

OP
D

disclamatory

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I loaded iCab to access this forum, applied the filter and still have the popup problem.
I think I will leave it for a while. Not that keen on iCab anyway.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I loaded iCab to access this forum, applied the filter and still have the popup problem.
I think I will leave it for a while. Not that keen on iCab anyway.

Puzzled - it works fine for me. Make sure you've set your User Defined filter to 'Block' - it's easy to overlook that.

Tim

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys, I am not getting the popup, no idea what you guys are talking about. Can anyone post a screenshot or something?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry about this guys, I guess it was doing it only on mobile browsers? But, I nuked it... it's gone, shouldn't have to filter anything now.

Most reactions

Latest posts