What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another user appeared on my 'Home Share' on iTunes!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
So, the issue which I wanted clarified (which was not done) was whether iTunes can 'butt into' your computer and place a shared library that you might want to listen to & purchase? This is really a simple request - thanks all - :)

Well, you have willingly, or forcebly set iTunes to always search for shared libraries. So whenever someone on the same network is sharing an iTunes library, it will show up in your iTunes list. Btw. this is not someone else entering your computer, it is merely showing, that someone else is sharing a library.

I thought, this was brought up before, but anyway: Sharing a library and Home Sharing are two different things. Only Home Sharing requires the two iTunes to be activated with the same account. Sharing a library works with any iTunes on the same network and if the other person has set no password, than anyone on the same network can play their library.

This is not a security risk, or a breach into your privacy. It is a feature iTunes offers to easily share music. If you don't like this, just go to Edit->Preferences and turn 'search for shared libraries' off.

Now how simple was this I ask you. Thread solved. :D

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
really a simple request - thanks all - :)

is not a security risk, or a breach into your privacy. It is a feature iTunes offers to easily share music. If you don't like this, just go to Edit->Preferences and turn 'search for shared libraries' off.

Thanks DUMI for the further clarification - I obviously need to learn more about the options in iTunes - I'll check those settings ASAP! :)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish this thread had been answered sooner before all the aggro.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Most reactions

Latest posts