What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Update is Coming

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya for probably awhile, but I can deal with 4.2.1 for awhile =)

madsquabbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you gotta admire apple for patching their mobile devices quickly. if this were android there'd be a ton of mfgs passing the upgrade by bc of costs.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And there is also a new version of iTunes to 10.2.1 and Safari v5 (Windows version)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
pawn2own did not hack 4.3. It wasn't available in time for the contest. They hacked 4.2.1.

Apple Insider completely mis-represented or misunderstood their source article. While 4.3, has the same vulnerability as 4.2.1, is actually more secure. The ASLR layer they mention actually impedes the use of the vulnerability.

There are reasons for keeping 4.2.1, but this vulnerability isn't one of them.

The article Apple Insider refers to:

Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 Untethered To Be Release Once Apple Releases iOS 4.3.1 To Public | Redmond Pie

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pawn2own did not hack 4.3. It wasn't available in time for the contest. They hacked 4.2.1.

Apple Insider completely mis-represented or misunderstood their source article. While 4.3, has the same vulnerability as 4.2.1, is actually more secure. The ASLR layer they mention actually impedes the use of the vulnerability.

There are reasons for keeping 4.2.1, but this vulnerability isn't one of them.

The article Apple Insider refers to:

Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 Untethered To Be Release Once Apple Releases iOS 4.3.1 To Public | Redmond Pie

I kind of wonder if the problem didn't already exist prior to upgrade to 4.3. Well, I think that makes me feel a little bit more comfortable about running Safari. I still don't like the fact that it is forced upon us as the default browser though.

I also want to touch on what madsquabbles said, it's my experience with at least Motorola and Android that if there is something of importance, oh let's say like the clock not working correctly they are very quick to respond and send out fixes.

I noticed that with this latest update the clock on my iPad still runs fast. How hard can it be to fix that?

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, glad I haven't gotten around to updating yet. Also noticed on TUAW that some were having problems with Apple TV and new upgrade--which I also havrn't gotten around to doing yet.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is all a repeat of what was said in Jailbreaking 4.3 thread..where I broke the news a day or 2 ago :)P

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is all a repeat of what was said in Jailbreaking 4.3 thread..where I broke the news a day or 2 ago :)P

OMG!!! A duplicate post on IPF!!!

scared.gif

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG!!! A duplicate post on IPF!!!

scared.gif

Your pix posts always make me laugh. Since u got such a good since of humor, u should take back that 1st strike against me ;-) since I have been advocating the righteous ways since..lol

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Really? Well, no harm no foul. I never look in the jailbreaking thread since it's not something I'm interested in and this is going to be for everyone. I also checked with Mara, the person who does the news and she had not known about this either.

May just help get the word spread a bit easier.

Most reactions

Latest posts