Another reason why you should not get the AT&T data plan

Discussion in 'iPad Carriers' started by maryinredding, Jul 18, 2010.

1. maryinredding

maryinredding iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I opened up my credit card statement and found that AT&T had charged me for two data plans on my pad. I originally had the unlimited one and then the next month I decided to change to the 250 MB to see if it was all I needed. I signed up on June 4th which would expire on July 4th. I went in on July 3rd and changed it . I then received a email from AT&T on the 2nd saying they were auto debiting my credit card. I immediately got on the phone and told the rep that I did not want the unlimited plan and she said that it was okay because the charge had been denied when I put in for the new plan.

I just called AT&T to have them credit me back the 29.99 and was told that because the charge is prepaid, I could not get it back. What a bunch of bull. I will not subscribe again. I have modified my Palm Pre to be a hotspot so that is what I will be using from now on. I guess I could have gone with the wifi only pad had I known this was going to be a problem. This is a word to the wise to remember to change or cancel your plan at least 2 days before it is going to expire.
  2. maryinredding

maryinredding iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    UPDATE: I wrote a email to the CEO of AT&T yesterday telling him my story of double billing.
    I received a call from AT&T this morning and they are going to credit back the $29.99 that I was charged. So, I guess the original customer service rep was wrong. It is possible to get a refund on prepaid. Just a little encouragement is all they needed.
  3. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Yeah I have found the same to be true with most companies. send a message to someone high up and they normally do something.

Twitter also seems to work. A lot of the major companies monitor twitter and will respond. I have had both Comcast and ATT respond to my tweets and pull strings that the normal reps said couldn't be done.
  4. CaptKirk

CaptKirk iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Yup, if you roll over and die, they will pick on you non-stop. Writing letters will get their attention every time