What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another reason why you should not get the AT&T data plan

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I opened up my credit card statement and found that AT&T had charged me for two data plans on my pad. I originally had the unlimited one and then the next month I decided to change to the 250 MB to see if it was all I needed. I signed up on June 4th which would expire on July 4th. I went in on July 3rd and changed it . I then received a email from AT&T on the 2nd saying they were auto debiting my credit card. I immediately got on the phone and told the rep that I did not want the unlimited plan and she said that it was okay because the charge had been denied when I put in for the new plan.

I just called AT&T to have them credit me back the 29.99 and was told that because the charge is prepaid, I could not get it back. What a bunch of bull. I will not subscribe again. I have modified my Palm Pre to be a hotspot so that is what I will be using from now on. I guess I could have gone with the wifi only pad had I known this was going to be a problem. This is a word to the wise to remember to change or cancel your plan at least 2 days before it is going to expire.

OP
maryinredding

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE: I wrote a email to the CEO of AT&T yesterday telling him my story of double billing.
I received a call from AT&T this morning and they are going to credit back the $29.99 that I was charged. So, I guess the original customer service rep was wrong. It is possible to get a refund on prepaid. Just a little encouragement is all they needed.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Yeah I have found the same to be true with most companies. send a message to someone high up and they normally do something.

Twitter also seems to work. A lot of the major companies monitor twitter and will respond. I have had both Comcast and ATT respond to my tweets and pull strings that the normal reps said couldn't be done.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, if you roll over and die, they will pick on you non-stop. Writing letters will get their attention every time

Most reactions

Latest posts