What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another question. Dolphin browser

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use dolphin browser on my iPhone and my old iPad 4 but it will not work on my new iPad 7. I tap on it it opens and shuts down to desktop ?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use dolphin browser on my iPhone and my old iPad 4 but it will not work on my new iPad 7. I tap on it it opens and shuts down to desktop ?

Well, have you 'force closed' the browser and then reopened the app (info HERE, if not familiar w/ the process; also will vary depending on the hardware/iPadOS) - if that is not effective, then delete the app and reinstall from the App Store (of course, you likely will lose your bookmarks, etc. unless saved is some manner, if that is an option in Dolphin?). Dave

OP
Vett

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have replaced the app 3-4 times, I just tried force close didn’t work

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it’s the same app that I’m finding in my App Store: Dolphin hasn’t been updated since two years ago, and it looks like it doesn’t work with iPadOS 13. The developer seems to have abandoned the app.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If it’s the same app that I’m finding in my App Store: Dolphin hasn’t been updated since two years ago, and it looks like it doesn’t work with iPadOS 13. The developer seems to have abandoned the app.

I thought so, I was afraid of that

In the past, I had used the Dolphin browser and it was ready at the App Store for me (i.e. the cloud symbol) - so did a DL to my iPad Pro (iPadOS 13.3) - the app opened and I created a few tabs (pic below) - tried to respond on the iPad but the 'Upload' feature to add the screen capture did not work, so the 2-yr 'lack of attention' is likely the issue, but Dolphin did open on my device, for what that is worth - of course, since the app is running on my Pad, must be 64-bit since Apple has not allowed 32-bit iOS apps for 4-5 years now (LINK). Dave

IMG_9874.jpg

Ian_NZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Dolphin browser working just fine in iOS 13.3 on an iPad Pro and an iPad Air2.

Most reactions

Latest posts