What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Apple Needed

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Having bought my i-Pad4 specifically for using my photographs to display in Albums, it appears that Apple have made a real 'Pigs Ear' of their Photo program.

I have tried downloading several albums but as a result of loosing albums when I download more, I have now been told that this is a result of a poor program which 'ASSUMES' that if I want to download a new album, then the previous albums are not required and automatically deleted when a new album is downloaded.

I think that a six year old could have thought this program through better than Apple and at least given the opportunity to select a deletion if required.

I am therefore trying to see if there is another Application that is more in keeping with what is required to add Albums as required and delete if required. Not so difficult really, but perhaps Apple can learn a thing or two from others.

I am very disappointed with my first experience with Apple

Can anyone help please

Alex

FLWolverine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can create all the albums you want in the photos app. Tap on albums, tap on edit in the upper right, tap on the plus sign in the upper left. Create album, add photos. Rinse, repeat.

Now, where are you "downloading" these albums from? Do you mean syncing? Are you syncing photos to your iPad from a computer using iTunes? If that's the case then you need to organize your photos on your computer by folder, and then sync those folders over to you iPad using iTunes. Whatever folders you select to sync will REPLACE what is already on the iPad so if you want to ADD folders then you have to make sure the older folder are checked also. That's why when you uncheck a folder and click sync that folder is removed from the iPad.

My six year old nephew had the same issue until I explained to him how syncing works, but then, he understand that electronic devices only do what you tell them to do. ;)

Gary

Last edited:

FLWolverine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope it helps. As a long time Windows user and an Apple user of about 10 years, one of the things I had to adjust to is how intuitive the Apple interface is. I had become so used to how "cumbersome" using windows can be. Almost having to "unlearn" bad habits and expectations that Microsoft implanted in my brain by the many years of use. These iOS devices aren't complicated at all. Just another way of doing things and that can be a problem sometimes.

Gary

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Syncing means "Make the same" which is exactly what iTunes does with folders on your PC and iPad.

Alex I suggest you download iBooks (if you have not already) and then open it up, go to the store, and then download the free iPad Guide for iOS 6.1. It will be useful to spend some time reading up.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
or you can just learn by mistakes its easier and faster to absorb to my brain that way ;)

Most reactions