What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annoying Musicplayer

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone had this,

Sometimes when I have locked the iPad and have headphones plugged in and then suddenly music randomly plays (when I don't know), and not the ones that I like. This only happened when I updated my iPad to the latest firmware. This is so annoying and later perhaps even embarrassing. Also sometimes my iPod app displays this:

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

Attachments

• image-3768758974.png
    image-3768758974.png
    273.5 KB · Views: 174
  • image-126416914.png
    image-126416914.png
    280.9 KB · Views: 202
  • image-328147046.png
    image-328147046.png
    413 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

Bret

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has been doing thevsame thing - randomly chooses a song, plays @ top volume & can't be shut off w/mute button

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Close the music app if it is open.

Double tap the Home button, tap and hold on the app where it appears in the multitask bar. When it jiggles tap the minus sign to close it. Tap the Home button again.

Audio/music apps are among the few that can run background tasks. As such they can accidentally be activated by things like the headphone jack. I've actually had one music app override another when they are both in RAM.

The built in Music app can start playing on it's own (even if not loaded) if you have headphones on and tap the pause button. If you are having hardware problems with the headphone jack, this could be a symptom. Other apps have to be started at least once and in RAM.

And if you have not done so recently, try restarting the iPad. Like any computer it can become erratic if not given a clean start now and then.

Most reactions

Latest posts