What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android to Ipad

Hahndogg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.results-sales.com
I have a T-mobile Android phone that will not teather (or acknowledge via bluetooth) the Ipad when linked. Is there a "secret sauce" that will work around this situation (I know "buy an Iphone":) - but as of yet T-mobile doesn't connect to them)?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tethering via Bluetooth is a very much hit-and-miss affair. But since you have an Android 'phone, why not enable a WiFi hotspot and tether that way?

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Though it's not really helpful, but in reply to your side comment, I just read an article today that said T-Mobile is starting to provide the micro-SIM cards that you would need to use an unlocked iPhone with their network.

As for the rest. You generally need to jailbreak the iPad to use bluetooth tethering with anything other than the iPhone. You can check out the details on jailbreaking an iPad in the Hacking section of the forum.

Like Tim said, using the Wi-Fi hotspot tethering option is far easier.

scoopy62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have tried to tether my IPad to my android phone, and was unsuccessful. What does it mean to establish a hotspot with the Phone? Maybe that is a step I missed.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On Android phones (with an up-to-date version of the operating system) and iPhone4s you can enable the 'phone to act as a WiFi hotspot. It then communicates to the Internet over its cellular connection and provides WiFi connectivity to connected devices...

Tim

Most reactions