What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android app will run on ipad

fulip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this is a great news

since the existence of openiboot
now android app has been able to run seamlessly on pc by using app-on-pc wich can run on windows 7 developed by bluestacks

and soon on windows 8 using "app player" which now on its beta version

with this news it become a very predictable that android apps will run on idevice in the near future. the only difference is that apple wont let it happen,

if android app run on ipad. it will be using cydia app, and will never be available from app store.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last time I checked the OpeniBoot project it appeared to be dead. A working version that allowed the booting of Android was promised last year.

Sent from K48

OP
F

fulip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last time I checked the OpeniBoot project it appeared to be dead. A working version that allowed the booting of Android was promised last year.

Sent from K48
luckily its open source, someone will continue to develop it. either with the same name or re-named

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fulip said:
luckily its open source, someone will continue to develop it. either with the same name or re-named

I'm using a mostly open source OS in development stage and I've noticed that even though allot of projects are open source, it doesn't guarantee that someone will take over and continue when it dies. In fact, if iBoot ever does crawl put of it's grave and create a workable iPad version with Android compatibility, the iPad Forums would have posted it in the news section right away. I've seen numerous cool open source projects die with no one to take over.

Sent from K48

OP
F

fulip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using a mostly open source OS in development stage and I've noticed that even though allot of projects are open source, it doesn't guarantee that someone will take over and continue when it dies. In fact, if iBoot ever does crawl put of it's grave and create a workable iPad version with Android compatibility, the iPad Forums would have posted it in the news section right away. I've seen numerous cool open source projects die with no one to take over.

Sent from K48
thats true, but in this android for ipad project. im prety sure this project will continue. there are too many reason to make this project last for long, especially beacuse ios only have a very limited amount of hardware difference between one and another. unlike android devices, with tremendously various hardware, it would be dificult to make ios run seamlessly, because there are to many hardware drivers adjustment.

the only thing matter that make this project stuck or abandoned for ipad, is the bootrom exploit for ipad 2 and ipad 3 havent been released yet by ios hackers. though i believe such exploit are already available, its just not public yet until the release of iphone 5 or ipad 4. its very reasonable.

soon after the release of the bootrom exploit. ipad will run android app in no time.

OP
F

fulip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the open source,but I worry that it is easy to be broken of its device,and many apps are not good for iPad or iPhone.
dont wory, thats what software revision is all about.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid you are misinformed about a bootrom exploit for iPad2 / 3 being known by the community but unreleased. It's not even clear whether anyone has even been able to dump the bootrom on these devices yet due to the "challenging" hardware design, and that is the first of a long chain of events required to find an exploit.

OP
F

fulip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid you are misinformed about a bootrom exploit for iPad2 / 3 being known by the community but unreleased. It's not even clear whether anyone has even been able to dump the bootrom on these devices yet due to the "challenging" hardware design, and that is the first of a long chain of events required to find an exploit.

its okay to be just unclear, otherwise the presure to release it pointed to the real bootrom hacker will may become unbearable.
if you have trillion tons of food, in the middle of thousands of hungry people. wouldnt it become a stressfull presure ?

its reasonable. and by this release hold, more hacker will be even more chalenged to learn how to exploit bootrom themself, every seccond pass through, the amount of hacker expert in the world is increasing.

a better future for even further hack isnt it?

Most reactions

Latest posts