What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Analyst Says That Amazon’s Tablet Will be the iPad’s Biggest Threat Yet

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The amazon tablet could be a failure of epic proportions. In less than a year, B&N released 2 versions of the nook (color and touch eink) while Amazon did or said nothing. Also take a look at the HP touchpad- also an epic failure. Unless Amazon released 2 versions of the Kindle- I do not see amazon as a threat to anyone. By releasing a color touch will alienate their millions of eink fans. To release 2 kindles at the same time would be a disaster in the making...Amazon is screwed either way in my opinion.

And that's why manufacturers never introduce two auto models at the same time? Just what "disaster" do you have in mind if Amazon has multiple models?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The amazon tablet could be a failure of epic proportions. In less than a year, B&N released 2 versions of the nook (color and touch eink) while Amazon did or said nothing. Also take a look at the HP touchpad- also an epic failure. Unless Amazon released 2 versions of the Kindle- I do not see amazon as a threat to anyone. By releasing a color touch will alienate their millions of eink fans. To release 2 kindles at the same time would be a disaster in the making...Amazon is screwed either way in my opinion.

Why would making an additional product alienate fans of an existing product? We're talking about a possible tablet, in addition to the current e-ink readers. As long as e-ink fans keep getting the service they've come to expect, why would they care?

As for "epic" failures, hardly. If an Amazon tablet failed, Amazon would still be one of the top-performing companies based on current offerings. With as much cash and goodwill as Amazon has, it can afford risks. No company that succeeds ever keeps growing and flourishing by being chickens***.

Reaction score

I got a kick out of that one.
Thanks for the humor.
The Ipad COULD have been an epic fail as well. Same with the iPhone and iPod

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd have to consider the Amazon device, as I like their media content much better than iTunes as far as books and video. A big downside of the iPad is I can't access the ~2TB of streaming video I bought on Amazon before the iPad was released.

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazon is a good company they need to proceed carefully and off-course they have a cloud, music store, books, etc!!! that is important for a tablet Apple is giant. But in the other fact is somebody can be successful in the tablets market also is good for us Apple products fans.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oops! Sorry, I tried to test it but made a mistake somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts