Analyst Says Apple Will No Longer Be Cool in 2012

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Jan 3, 2012.

By Maura on Jan 3, 2012 at 2:50 PM
  1. Maura

Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Jun 7, 2010
    Thanks Received:

Within the past few days we've been reporting on lots of analysts and pundits who have been voicing their predictions for Apple's performance in 2012, and most of them have been glowing, to say the least, but Brian Deagon at Investor’s Business Daily appears to be swimming against the generally positive tide of expert opinion with his pronouncement that Apple will be seen to stumble in 2012, mainly because, he says, the Samsung Galaxy is a “cooler†phone than the iPhone, which he says is “boxy, flat and feeling stale.†Deagon goes on to say that the supremacy of Apple’s iOS platform will be threatened by the continued growth of Google’s Android OS platform in 2012. “Smartphones and tablets will become commodity items and Apple will be eaten by the collective Android gang,†he predicts. Deagon concludes his bleak prediction for Apple by saying that the TV market is the “next big hope†for Apple, but he says that success in this field will not be easy to achieve, given Samsung’s current dominance of that market.

Source: 2012 Tech Predictions: Apple, Google+, Twitter Will Flail; Amazon, IBM, Facebook Will Fly -, via Apple will stop being cool in 2012, IBD says
Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Jan 3, 2012.

1. iJamesH
      Fact every household will have at least 2 Apple devices by 2015 thus achieving Apple's goal to rule the world via Orwellian style!!!

Just kidding OR AM I :p
    2. tlbaker
      Well, it's almost 2013 and Apple is still going strong. I plan on taking the full Mac plunge and get an iMac when the new version is released. I don't need I laptop as I am always on the iPad.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF
    3. HKWrite12
      Dont apple have like btw 500k to 1 million between All three markets: Mac, pad, and phone? How else do you hit 25 billion plus in 5 years. To my knowledge ppl Dload more than fb, twitter, apple store, ipf, and Netflix. Lol.

Google play is definitely a positive push for android market, but they can't move things fast enough.

Cough cough. Google is "non-partisan" money is money. Btw: GOOGLE DRIVE anyone?
    4. AdmiralAdama
      Android is winning in market share but iOS is more profitable and that's the metric that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF
    5. Kaykaykay
      It'definite to make the most money, but there's room for many companies in the marketplace. Being No. 2 or 3 is nothing to sneeze at.

I'm glad for competition and don't feel invested in any brand being No. 1 or such. If someone makes something I find useful, it doesn't matter to me whether they make the most money in their field.
    6. Kaykaykay
      Fixing for typo:
    7. AdmiralAdama
      For what it's worth. Purported video of assembled iPhone 5, recorded at IFA 2012 in Berlin.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF
      Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
    8. mwhartman
      The reminder that I set last year popped up a few minutes ago. It seems to me that Apple is still a leader and going strong. It would be interesting to see if the author of the initial article still feels the same.

Yes, Android is winning the market. Apple has remained with just one product while Google has opened their OS to a number of different vendors.

I've have phones with iOS and Android. Both have advantages but I prefer iOS.
    9. KevinJS
      He's probably analyzing employment opportunities as we speak.

Seriously though, he's right. Apple is no longer "cool". It's a very profitable business selling high quality products, but its become mainstream. You don't have to be a geek to want their products now, and their computers are serious contenders as everyone's main computer now.
    10. AQ_OC

Apples competitors are far, far behind in terms of profit. It is important that companies earn a decent profit else they might not be around to support their products.