What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Analyst Says Apple Will No Longer Be Cool in 2012

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
roadwarrior69 said:
By the way, I'm keeping my Xmas gift from my wife, iPad 32g. Although worried about a blemish under the cover glass....I post this gripe on new thread...

My two cents on this coming from an android tab and still using a Samsung galaxy, I think apple needs to step it up. Siri is not what is going to complete w android on a tablet. There are far too many 'better features' on android, and ice cream sandwich is just going to Improve on it. If it wasn't for lag performance on the android tablet, I'd still be using it. What sold me on iPad is the speed.

However, I'm still a business google user and really miss latitude and the google docs applications. I don't agree apple store has more apps, I seem to find more in the goole marketplace these days.

Apple needs to capture the folks that are buying a second tab and the new customers... Don't forget the enterprise, yes business users will be key. So far they are winning and I don't suspect they will let go of this lead easily, it's going to be a battle and the winners will be the consumer!

How could you not agree that the Apple store has more apps!? I actually laughed. Thanks for the good chuckle.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32GB WiFi using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How could you not agree that the Apple store has more apps!? I actually laughed. Thanks for the good chuckle.

I think roadwarrior probably was referring to business apps. I don't know about that, but IPad apparently has made good inroads into business uses. A lot of businesses, schools, hospitals and such are having apps developed specifically for them, rather than expecting them to pop up in the app store.

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I think roadwarrior probably was referring to business apps. I don't know about that, but IPad apparently has made good inroads into business uses. A lot of businesses, schools, hospitals and such are having apps developed specifically for them, rather than expecting them to pop up in the app store.

Of course. Not saying that Ice Cream is not a step in the right direction for the Android world and users, but to say the only reason why you are still using the iPad based on speed alone is rather naive.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course. Not saying that Ice Cream is not a step in the right direction for the Android world and users, but to say the only reason why you are still using the iPad based on speed alone is rather naive.

When people refer to speed, I'm guessing that they don't mean just speed. I think they mean competitors tend to not run as smoothly as iPad. They're just more kludgy.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I will always think my pad is cool. I will be using it for quite some time. I don't like those android devices. Only one I might consider buying is that Droid Razr. But I am also very happy with my iPhone 4 and I am not able to upgrade right now anyway.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01Update From NYC using iPF

Mksanva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes Apple products are cool, but they are also very well made, fast and have developer support and most important have clear direction and no device confusion.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apples at easy to use and when I do get confused the apple store provides fantastic support. Love both my iPad2 and 4S.

roadwarrior69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is all about coolness, but their products are more main stream now, not only for the rich!

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it's halfway past 2012 and Apple is till cool. Guess this analyst is also all about Scientology.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think Apple is way cool and so do my parents who are 70 + years of age! They both have iPads and really love them!!

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Maura said:
Within the past few days we've been reporting on lots of analysts and pundits who have been voicing their predictions for Apple's performance in 2012, and most of them have been glowing, to say the least, but Brian Deagon at Investor’s Business Daily appears to be swimming against the generally positive tide of expert opinion with his pronouncement that Apple will be seen to stumble in 2012, mainly because, he says, the Samsung Galaxy is a “cooler” phone than the iPhone, which he says is “boxy, flat and feeling stale.” Deagon goes on to say that the supremacy of Apple’s iOS platform will be threatened by the continued growth of Google’s Android OS platform in 2012. “Smartphones and tablets will become commodity items and Apple will be eaten by the collective Android gang,” he predicts. Deagon concludes his bleak prediction for Apple by saying that the TV market is the “next big hope” for Apple, but he says that success in this field will not be easy to achieve, given Samsung’s current dominance of that market.

Source: 2012 Tech Predictions: Apple, Google+, Twitter Will Flail; Amazon, IBM, Facebook Will Fly - Investors.com, via Apple will stop being cool in 2012, IBD says

Brian Deagon has been slagging Apple since January. Back then he was citing Morgan Keegan's Travis McCourt who lowered his AAPL price target from $530 to $513. At that time AAPL was a $411 stock.

AAPL closed at $674 tonight. Glad I've never given McCourt or Deagon any of my money.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

jpatienza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fact: iOS is smoother than any android version period. Cant wait for iOS 6

Most reactions

Latest posts