What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Analyst Says Apple Will No Longer Be Cool in 2012

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
64-albums3-picture105.jpg

Within the past few days we've been reporting on lots of analysts and pundits who have been voicing their predictions for Apple's performance in 2012, and most of them have been glowing, to say the least, but Brian Deagon at Investor’s Business Daily appears to be swimming against the generally positive tide of expert opinion with his pronouncement that Apple will be seen to stumble in 2012, mainly because, he says, the Samsung Galaxy is a “cooler†phone than the iPhone, which he says is “boxy, flat and feeling stale.†Deagon goes on to say that the supremacy of Apple’s iOS platform will be threatened by the continued growth of Google’s Android OS platform in 2012. “Smartphones and tablets will become commodity items and Apple will be eaten by the collective Android gang,†he predicts. Deagon concludes his bleak prediction for Apple by saying that the TV market is the “next big hope†for Apple, but he says that success in this field will not be easy to achieve, given Samsung’s current dominance of that market.

Source: 2012 Tech Predictions: Apple, Google+, Twitter Will Flail; Amazon, IBM, Facebook Will Fly - Investors.com, via Apple will stop being cool in 2012, IBD says

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to admit that's all valid stuff. But I think he's forgotten that I probably speak for most when I say I don't buy apple products because they're 'cool' I buy the because they're the best on the market. Android really need to pull out their finger in my opinion to compete. Currently their software isn't exactly designed for tablets and there is only a small amount of apps out that are tablet compatible. As nice as it would be to see other successful competitors apple has one heck of a head start.

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because Apple products are cool..!! Really give me a break..!! lol What about the quality and user experience.! But off course I agreed that the better Android gets Apple is force to be better so we get a benefit from that.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

oddbod1963

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Destroyer said:
Because Apple products are cool..!! Really give me a break..!! lol What about the quality and user experience.! But off course I agreed that the better Android gets Apple is force to be better so we get a benefit from that.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Do you know if there is a free java app for the iPad that will allow me to play games that require java

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oddbod1963 said:
Do you know if there is a free java app for the iPad that will allow me to play games that require java

Welcome to the forum. If I were you I'd search the forum using the search bar to find your answer. If you can't find anything, then think about opening a new thread as this way your more likely to get an answer :).

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brian Deagon at Investor’s Business D...

Here's a so-called analyst that is caught up in gross numbers ... thinks a great phone is out of date because the case hasn't changed, but has superior performance inside, and lumps all Android platform phone together and compares the dumb phone and smart phone into one category.

This is so inappropriate and misleading. Why don't you compare Samsung, HTC, phones individually against iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s. Two quite different phones. Siri and iCloud are fantastic technologies that are yet to be fully developed. It is the total experience that will prevail. Not the specsmanship of Geeksville that has been the model of the Microsoft/Intel PC world of the past. Mobile is a different world. And the world is moving into a much more involved digital world.

Brian is throwing out ideas that support FUD ... fear, uncertainty and doubt. Get real, learn the real market facts then report honestly.

oddbod1963

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MrLuke said:
Welcome to the forum. If I were you I'd search the forum using the search bar to find your answer. If you can't find anything, then think about opening a new thread as this way your more likely to get an answer :).

How do I start a new thread?

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Sooooooooo it means Deagon has shorted Apple stock hoping that it craters. Happens all the time. But remember, say with me now,
"financial markets can not be manipulated."

As for why I prefer an iDevice ..... Simplicity of ease and clean applications.

AA

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting observation. Glad we all have choices and the opportunity to select what devices work best and then purchase. I added a reminder for 2013 to see where this stands.

roadwarrior69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By the way, I'm keeping my Xmas gift from my wife, iPad 32g. Although worried about a blemish under the cover glass....I post this gripe on new thread...

My two cents on this coming from an android tab and still using a Samsung galaxy, I think apple needs to step it up. Siri is not what is going to complete w android on a tablet. There are far too many 'better features' on android, and ice cream sandwich is just going to Improve on it. If it wasn't for lag performance on the android tablet, I'd still be using it. What sold me on iPad is the speed.

However, I'm still a business google user and really miss latitude and the google docs applications. I don't agree apple store has more apps, I seem to find more in the goole marketplace these days.

Apple needs to capture the folks that are buying a second tab and the new customers... Don't forget the enterprise, yes business users will be key. So far they are winning and I don't suspect they will let go of this lead easily, it's going to be a battle and the winners will be the consumer!

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Not sure if I agree with the notion that Apple has to cater more to the business crowd. Research in Motion made that very mistake in reverse when it went after the mass market at the expense of its corporate clients. It's very likely RIM will have to shed its hardware division because of that and other missteps.

AA

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't give a rat's butt about coolness.

For gadgets, I'd prefer NOT cool. Then maybe the stuff would be less likely to be stolen.

Most reactions

Latest posts