Analyst Predicts Impressive Holiday Results for Apple

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Jan 3, 2013.

By Maura on Jan 3, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  1. Maura

Maura
    Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

AppleInsider reports today that Wall Street analyst Rob Cihra, from Evercore Partners, has today updated his projections for Apple’s quarterly earnings report, which is due to be announced on January 23. In his latest report, Cihra says that he thinks that Apple will report sales of 50 million iPhones for the holiday quarter, which would represent a 35% increase on the same period a year ago, and 86% growth from the previous quarter. As far as the iPad is concerned, Cihra says that he thinks that Apple sold 24 million iPads in the quarter, which would see a 56% growth year on year, and a 71% growth spurt from the previous quarter. Cihra makes particular note of the dynamic sales achievement of the iPad mini, which he says will have made up 10 million of Apple’s overall iPad sales figures. Cihra goes on to say that the iPad mini had a “booming launchâ€, and that Apple still cannot make them quick enough to satisfy customer demand.

[FONT=&amp]Source: [/FONT]50M iPhone sales, 'booming' iPad mini expected in Apple's holiday quarter

Comments

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Kaykaykay
    2. tlbaker
      tlbaker
    3. AdmiralAdama
      AdmiralAdama
    4. s2mikey
      s2mikey
      Why so? Just curious. Is it because more and people are getting phones? The touch is a pretty slick little unit, IMO.
    5. HardMetalAlchemy
      HardMetalAlchemy

I agree, the touch is a great product, but it is true that more people are getting the iPhone. If people were given a choice between the iPod touch and the iPad mini, more people would vote for the mini because of the bigger screen and similar price. Essentially, the mini is a big iPod touch and does pretty much everything the 5th generation touch does (Siri, FaceTime, messages, handling gaming).
    6. Kaykaykay
      Kaykaykay
      I still like the touch, though I know sales have continued to decline as more people have gotten smart phones.

I received a mini iPad at Christmas but returned it. I might get one later, if Apple doesn't continue keep it a generation or two behind, technology wise.

Right now, I prefer the touch. I just ordered a touch 5 64GB. I use my current touch (4th gen 64GB) as a sort of disposable device -- I don't put contacts, email or such on it, so if it gets ripped off on the subway or something, I'm not going to worry about it. I also like that it's small enough to hold and manipulate in one hand if I'm standing on the subway. And I feel relaxed about using it without worrying about draining my phone battery.

When my touch 5 arrives, my touch 4 will go to my husband, so it can replace the iPhone 3G that's permanently docked in the kitchen so he can stream while he cooks.
    7. Kaykaykay
      Kaykaykay
      Well, sort of returned it, since I sold it to a co-worker.
    8. tlbaker
      tlbaker
      Which do you think sells better, the touch or classic?

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD
    9. Kaykaykay
      Kaykaykay
      I'd guess touch, because it lets you do more, like play games and use other apps, which makes it appeal to a wider demographic.
    10. AQ_OC
      AQ_OC
      :)

The mini is a small iPad.

I got the 64 GB iPhone partly because it can be a touch (iPod). And in October I will get a new 64GB phone and my 4S will live in my car as my music player, always on power.