Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by dyrelogan, Mar 20, 2011.
Anyone else getting this when trying to install an app from the app store?
Did it allow you to download the app again? Once you've purchased the app - assuming it wasn't during the purchase process and it was once the download had been authorised and the app started to download - you can download it again without further payment.
Or did the 'unknown error' occur on subsequent occasions?
Any apps, from iPad or from iTunes.
Nah, I'm trying to download a free app. Tried several free apps with the same outcome. Apple probably doing maintenance or something?
It seems like it's just the iPad. I am downloading an app on my iPhone 4 just fine. So this issue is only happening on the iPad.
Fixed mine, dunno why it broke tho?
1. Go to: store.apple.com/ca (or store.apple.com if you're in the us)
2. Click account in the upper right corner and then click change account info and sign in using the same email and password that you use for itunes store
3. U R now on the account profile page. Remove ONLY the credit card numbers from the card number field-DO NOT remove the expiration date or credit card type.
4. Select where you are primarily going to be using your purchases (ie-home) from the pop up menu near the bottom of the page.
5. Click continue. If you are asked any other information, be sure to click continue after making the updates so that your changes will be saved.
6.Now go to: phobos.apple.com/accountSummary
7. Sign into the iTunes store using your account name and password
8. On the apple account information page, click the edit payment information button
9. Choose "none" for payment method and click done to save your changes.
I don't have a card saved.
Try adding one then do the above.
I don't understand. I just said that I was able to download an app just fine on my iPhone 4. Why would the same account matter on my iPad? I am not having the error on my iPhone, just my iPad. I haven't tried my iPod touch yet.
Just telling ya what worked for me, no clue why it worked, other than some bits got scrambled at Apple...
Have you tried logging out of your account and back in? It's under store in settings...