According to British publication Daily Mail, last week, a demo iPad unit has suddenly burst into flames in a Vodafone store in Canberra. Appleâ€™s tablet was on display for anyone to give it a test run, but luckily, at the time when the combustion has started, no one was near the iPad and no injuries were reported.
The explosion caused by the iPad was quite big, as the Vodafoneâ€™s mobile phone shop had to be evacuated and the fire fighters were called to put out the blaze started by the demonstration iPad model. According to a Vodafone spokesperson, a burst of flames appeared from the charging port of the iPad, completely destroying Appleâ€™s tablet.
Initially, it was believed that an iPad Air has exploded but Vodafone Australia has reached out to Mashable saying the following:
An official explanation hasnâ€™t yet been provided, but most likely the culprits are the faulty wiring and third party adapters.
Source: Daily Mail, Mashable