1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

An iPad exploded in a Vodafone store in Australia, firemen put out the fire

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Nov 11, 2013.

1. RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    article-0-1948797F00000578-291_634x416.jpg

According to British publication Daily Mail, last week, a demo iPad unit has suddenly burst into flames in a Vodafone store in Canberra. Apple’s tablet was on display for anyone to give it a test run, but luckily, at the time when the combustion has started, no one was near the iPad and no injuries were reported.

The explosion caused by the iPad was quite big, as the Vodafone’s mobile phone shop had to be evacuated and the fire fighters were called to put out the blaze started by the demonstration iPad model. According to a Vodafone spokesperson, a burst of flames appeared from the charging port of the iPad, completely destroying Apple’s tablet.

Initially, it was believed that an iPad Air has exploded but Vodafone Australia has reached out to Mashable saying the following:

An official explanation hasn’t yet been provided, but most likely the culprits are the faulty wiring and third party adapters.

Source: Daily Mail, Mashable
  2. iJamesH

iJamesH iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +114 / 0
  3. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +461 / 0
    I find that strange to say 3rd party adapters as all demo iPads come with "Apple Adapters". Be interesting to find out what caused the problem.
  4. The ~Seraphim~

The ~Seraphim~ iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141 / 0
    I love sweet destruction. I wish I was there.