What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An epic ipad display error

yto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!

Well, I just turned up my ipad 2 yesterday and got this kind of display/software error whitch change completely the aparence of anything... Look it out.
2wMae.jpgHCWJj.pngq5On3.jpg

As you see, all app looks like in iphone resolution and also they lost touch sensibility, I can do nothing in the ipad.

So.. I tried restart, restore, restore in recovery (getting an "unknow" error (11)) and nothing..... any idea?

I have iOS 5.1.1 jailbroked untherther... in and ipad 2 wifi

Edit.: I discover This should be in "ipad help" forum, can some admin move it?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not a jailbreaker, but I seem to remember someone saying that this kind of problem was caused by a tweak that is supposed to let you view Retina quality iPhone apps full screen on the iPad (without the 2x emulation mode). Try turning that tweak off, if you have it.

NielNiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you remove your Retina Display tweak? Try turning off landscape mode of the tweak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Usually, that kind of behavior by the iPad is a result of a downloaded Cydia tweak that is not compatible with your iPad or the iOS you are running (or both). My suggestion is to think back to the last tweak (or tweaks) you installed from Cydia. So, either by uninstalling them from Cydia, or disabling the mobile Substrate aspect of that tweak, figure out which tweak is the culprit.

Once you get the tweak isolated and removed from the iPad, that should solve your issue. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

OP
Y

yto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the problem is that when i´m into any app the touch screen stop working... by the way the last tweak that I installed was for settting iCapBrowser as my default browser... I don´t remenber de name...

Thanks for your attention...

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the problem is that when i´m into any app the touch screen stop working... by the way the last tweak that I installed was for settting iCapBrowser as my default browser... I don´t remenber de name...

Thanks for your attention...

So was that the solution to your problem? Removing default browser for "iCapBrowser"?

Off topic: Nice name brother !

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you didn't remove anything, try remove the tweak that makes the browser changer default to iC (there are two, Browser Changer and BrowserChooser). However, I've not know either one to cause issues....

Can you get to Cydia? If the icon won't respond, put the iPad into Safe Mode; then you can get there. If removing the browser changer tweak doesn't work, could you list out the tweaks you do have installed. Maybe we'll recognize one as being the culprit.

Again, good luck.

Marilyn

OP
Y

yto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you didn't remove anything, try remove the tweak that makes the browser changer default to iC (there are two, Browser Changer and BrowserChooser). However, I've not know either one to cause issues....

Can you get to Cydia? If the icon won't respond, put the iPad into Safe Mode; then you can get there. If removing the browser changer tweak doesn't work, could you list out the tweaks you do have installed. Maybe we'll recognize one as being the culprit.

Again, good luck.

Marilyn

errata: The app is *iCapmobile*, my fault..

And yes, I putted the ipad into Safe mode and I remoded the "Browser Changer" tweak. It solved the problem. :)

Very thanks anyone especially Marilyn! =D

Most reactions

Latest posts