What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An enjoyable role playing game for the ipad 2?

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GAMESHARQ said:
Just an FYI - Aralon is currently on sale for $4.99. I got it today (but haven't started it yet).

Yeah, saw that, too. But I'm currently up to my eyeballs in games thanks to that 4th of July sale!
But, for $4.99 it might be worth looking into.
Thanks for the head's up tho- :D
And when you *do* start playing let us know what you think...

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glu Games just released a new rpg called Eternity Warriors.
And it's FREE!
Haven't played yet, but it looks good!

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wheems said:
Glu Games just released a new rpg called Eternity Warriors.
And it's FREE!
Haven't played yet, but it looks good!

FYI for anyone interested -- just played this last night and it's less of an rpg, more of a button-mashing arcade style hack n slash. Still lots of fun though -- and you seem to level up pretty quick.

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just wanted to check back in about Aralon. I finally found some time to play it over the past few days and so far I think it's great.

I've been looking for an Elder Scrolls type game to hold me over until Skyrim comes out in November, and I didn't want to buy Oblivion because I've heard some bad things about it. When Aralon dropped to half price, I couldn't resist.

If you like Elder Scrolls type games, then I highly recommend this. Especially while it's on sale for just $4.99.

It has a lot of similarities to Elder Scrolls. You can choose from 3 different races and customize the look of your character. You can also choose to play as a male or female. You get quests like delivering things or finding people and when you complete a quest you get old and XP. You also get XP when you kill enemies that you pass during your journeys. There are human enemies as well as animals. Some animals will attack you (like wolves) and some will try to run from you (like deer). You use your primary weapon to attack and a shield to block. There is also an auto-attack option which may or may not make things easier for you depending on your fighting style.

You can buy and trade items, such as potions, weapons, and armor and you can also loot bodies for these items as well. You can get a horse for faster travel. There are caves and towns to discover. There are guilds you can join. And it also has some really nice background music.

If you like the Elder Scrolls series or games like Two Worlds, then this should be right up your alley.

Last edited:
OP
B

bobjamin45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey GAMESHARQ,i bought Aralon HD a few weeks ago for full price :( i completely agree with what u had to say about it. concerning Oblivion i believe u should pick it up as its a great game- one of my favorites, and i couldn't find any flaws in the game 10/10 from me! u can pick up the Game of the year edition for under $40- great buy!
P.S i cant wait for Skyrim- its gonna be AWESOME!!!!

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FREE -- Duel: Blade & Magic Pro! Usually $8.99, on sale for a limited time.

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hey GAMESHARQ,i bought Aralon HD a few weeks ago for full price :( i completely agree with what u had to say about it. concerning Oblivion i believe u should pick it up as its a great game- one of my favorites, and i couldn't find any flaws in the game 10/10 from me! u can pick up the Game of the year edition for under $40- great buy!
P.S i cant wait for Skyrim- its gonna be AWESOME!!!!

Well I decided to get the Oblivion 5th anniversary today. Amazon is having a Buy One, Get One 40% off sale so I bought 2 copies and plan to sell the 2nd copy. That way, my copy will only cost me about $20 or less. I figure it's got to be worth at least that. I can't wait until Skyrim, though. It looks really good.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A Great online RPG is "Order & Chaos Online". The first 3 months are free and included with 6.99 price. It's a Universal app so it will work on the iPad and iPhone or iPod touch. You can do quest with friends and strangers or by yourself. Pretty good game for mobile!

iLoveMyiPad2!

Most reactions

Latest posts