What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amusing slant on the Apple iPad Maps app

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The South Australian daily newspaper, the "Advertiser", this morning featured this cartoon re the current iPad Maps app.

vu5ere6y.jpg

This was in response to some recent articles in that paper tut tutting about how bad that app is, and one journalist reporting the very great danger to peoples' lives, giving as an example someone getting lost by using the app and wandering into some arid Reserve out of reach of their iPhone.

One writer did mention that Apple was working on improving that app. No mention of the Big Apology.
Thought I would share.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
The OB

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple iPad is not only perfect to travel with, it is a great help for travelers. It is much easier to navigate with the Maps application for iPad than the Maps application on iPhone, simply because the screen is much larger.

You may well be right (some Mini iPad and iPhone owners may disagree with you regarding screen size). But the point of the, in my opinion, somewhat sensationalist newspaper article, which I don't necessarily agree with, was that the use of the Maps app can lead you into dramatic life-threatening situations. The purpose of my post was really to share an amusing cartoon.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was wondering why when I showed up at the Grand Canyon I was actually at the Serengeti.

Most reactions