What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon vs itunes downloading

phxrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is weird, if I download an episode or show from amazon it takes seconds and the same one from apple takes hours on the air. What gives?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is weird, if I download an episode or show from amazon it takes seconds and the same one from apple takes hours on the air. What gives?

Are you actually downloading the show from Amazon or streaming it. I ask because a typical 30-minute episode of good quality is usually over a gigabyte in size and that takes much longer than "seconds".

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It takes a while to download podcasts also, always has. I might be getting a 5 minute video podcast that takes way longer than an equivalent sized file from anywhere else (except YouTube buffering). Just Apple bandwidth limitations most likely

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It takes a while to download podcasts also, always has. I might be getting a 5 minute video podcast that takes way longer than an equivalent sized file from anywhere else (except YouTube buffering). Just Apple bandwidth limitations most likely

Ah, I was unaware of this bandwidth limitation.. thanks for that.

OP
P

phxrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I actually purchased it from Amazon on instant video? What is the average time it takes everyone to download a movie either onto ipad or Apple TV?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I actually purchased it from Amazon on instant video? What is the average time it takes everyone to download a movie either onto ipad or Apple TV?
Amazon Instant Video is a streaming service available to Amazon Prime members at no extra cost. It is a streaming service only, titles cannot be downloaded.
Titles are available for instant streaming.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Amazon Instant Video is a streaming service available to Amazon Prime members at no extra cost. It is a streaming service only, titles cannot be downloaded.
Titles are available for instant streaming.

That answers the question posed in the OP. The title was streamed, as I thought, not downloaded. This explains the speed difference.

Most reactions

Latest posts