What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon Launches Amazon Key Service That Allows Couriers to Access Your Home

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Amazon Key launched.JPG

9to5 Mac reports that Amazon has today announced its new Alexa Cloud Cam security camera and Amazon Key service, which is designed to work in tandem with certain smart locks to let Amazon couriers gain entry into your home and leave packages inside your house.

Amazon Key works by sending a notification to your iOS device letting you know that a courier is outside your home and waiting to deliver. If you’re not at home, the courier will enter your house and leave the package inside. You will be able to watch the courier as they deliver your parcel and (hopefully) leave your home.

It will be very interesting to see how many people are prepared to give Amazon access to their home in such a way, even if it is monitored. The amazonkey hashtag has been trending worldwide most of today, leading to a very entertaining thread full of plenty of memes and gifs featuring assorted sloths, robots, etc., showing what might happen with people returning to their homes to find them ransacked, or having their Amazon Key courier judging their house decor. To quote just one example, from @IVYandICE2, “I don’t even want people that I know in my house.”

Amazon Key is currently available to Amazon Prime members in a select few cities in the US, and requires compatible hardware.

An “in-home kit” is currently available on Amazon comprising the Alexa Cloud Cam and suitable smart lock for $250.

Source: Amazon launches smart lock and security cam system to take in-home deliveries for Prime members, with iPhone app alerts

Most reactions

Latest posts