What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon ebooks not downloading into Kindle library

DonMar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Up until two days ago, I had no problem purchasing and downloading books straight from Amazon into my Kindle library on my iPadAir.

However, I can no longer do this. The book icon shows up in my Kindle library, but after several minutes of the connection trying to be made, the 'whirling' indicator cuts out, and I get the message on the icon 'Tap to try again'.

I've done nothing to change settings or anything else.

Has anyone else had a problem downloading books recently?

Donna

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had no trouble downloading books to my iPad Air via the Kindle app.

So, may I suggest you first try to fully close the Kindle app, then restart or reset (or both) your iPad. To do (apologies if you know):

Fully Close an App: Double tap the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up) to reveal a row of icons and cards in the multi-tasking viewer. Swipe up on all the cards until they are all gone.

Then...
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, wait a bit, then hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears. Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

If none of those helped, my only only solution/advice is to delete the Kindle app and then reinstall it from the AppStore hopefully, once you've re-registered, the issue will be fixed.

So, there's some ideas See if they help. If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

OP
D

DonMar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, Marilyn. That first bit (turning off the app, and shutting down) did the trick. :)

Donna

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! Glad to hear that things got sorted for you. And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yay! Glad to hear that things got sorted for you. And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :) Marilyn

Love it when a plan comes together. And, a device reset every so often appears to be good for the soul and the device! ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts