What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazing battery life

Spatzi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First charge of ipad air = 14 hrs, 50 minutes battery life. That was running browsers, youtube, and six hours of garageband creation. Brightness was on 30%. No doubt the biggest factor in extending battery. Still plenty bright for me.

This is much higher than the advertised 12 hours. Followup charges are usually two hours per 10% drain, at least on the top end. Ex: from 100% to 90% = 2 hours. It goes down from there, otherwise I would be getting 20 hours battery life.

This was the best surprise about ipad air. Makes a huge difference.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, the battery life has been crazy good thus far for me too. I was always impressed with the battery performance of my iPad 2 but the air just doesn't use much juice! I'm down with that..... :)

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is just one of the reason why the iPad is better than Android Tablets. My battery last like 10 to 13 hours to me. That is some gaming, youtube videos, internet consumtion, using facebook, amd listening to music.

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Air arrived Wednesday morning. Restored from iCloud backup, topped off the battery to 100% then used it as normal - a few hours of video, reading, browsing, invoicing and estimates, email, messaging etc.. etc... I'm not a heavy user, I could comfortably get 10 hours out of my original iPad, 12-14 out of my iPad 3 and mini, but the Air has blown me away...

image.jpg

20 hours of use, 30 hours of standby on its first charge. Incredible.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How accurate do you think that is? I'm getting real good numbers on an Air right now too.

OP
S

Spatzi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazing. I just did 18 hours on my last charge. I also have a mini retina but the battery life on that one is not as good, even though reviews say they are the same. I got about 14 hours on the mini. What is odd is that the air will stay at 100% even after 1.5 hours of use.

Dakotapix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the subject of battery life, I don't see anything in the iPad Air docs for the best ways to maintain battery life. Does it hurt the battery to recharge even though the battery has not run down very far? I know after three years my first edition iPad started acting funky if I let the charge go too much beyond 50 percent. Even if my Air battery is down only 80 percent or so I'll still plug it in overnight.

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have to agree with the Air's fantastic battery life. After using it flat out for several hours (drawing, email, videos, browsing), the indicator only drops down by 5 or so percentage points. Since it's not my only device, I can get away with charging it up every second or third day as opposed to every day.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have to agree with the Air's fantastic battery life. After using it flat out for several hours (drawing, email, videos, browsing), the indicator only drops down by 5 or so percentage points. Since it's not my only device, I can get away with charging it up every second or third day as opposed to every day.

Absolutely. I was always impressed with the battery performance of my second gen iPad but the Air is crazy good. :D

Tasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received my ipad air yesterday for Xmas and I am loving it, it is so light and fast. I put a decal skin on my 128gb ipad and a new oberon ipad air case .

bclawson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to agree with this. I got an ipad air for Christmas and I have been blown away. I've been gaming and browsing and watching videos and the battery has been outstanding!

Most reactions

Latest posts