What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am i the only one who thinks the apple red carpet launches are lame?

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing against apple, i have their products but whenever i see video of their launches when a new model of a product is out i cant help but laugh cause it just seems lame and cheesy. The red carpet, The constant woot woot, pig snorting, clapping, high fiving, apple staff running to the store from the outside just seems cheesy.

Im sorry, i dont mean to offend anyone but you would never catch me in one of those crowds. I have too much self respect and i would be embarassed being around all those sewer rats.

If you dont know what im talking about.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Last edited:

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, but what am I supposed to see when clicking on the link?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, but what am I supposed to see when clicking on the link?

He meant to post this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN6otHzLkHY]YouTube - iPad 2 launch - Calgary, AB[/ame]

Youtube gets links get messed up sometimes when posting from mobile devices.

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Then you wouldn't sit in line for 12 hours and feel the appreciation apple and their staff show by handing out water and snacks, and yes, high fiving us as we walk in because we're dead set on getting our hands on the next product that day no matter how tired we are, instead of sweating out our angst of having to wait here in the forums :) High five to all of you who shared your time and experiences running between best buys and waiting for your packages. Woohoo!

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, and yes it seems a bit over the top. Still this is the Managment style of Apple. The enthusiasm, Steve on stage with jeans and turtleneck......

It is all part of it and it seems to be working.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tapmyapple said:
Nothing against apple, i have their products but whenever i see video of their launches when a new model of a product is out i cant help but laugh cause it just seems lame and cheesy. The red carpet, The constant woot woot, pig snorting, clapping, high fiving, apple staff running to the store from the outside just seems cheesy.

Im sorry, i dont mean to offend anyone but you would never catch me in one of those crowds. I have too much self respect and i would be embarassed being around all those sewer rats.

If you dont know what im talking about.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I agree but isn't this normal for Americans. The British aren't so out there like them. Unless you are American. I expect if you were excited to get your hands on the device, you would join in though, just through pure excitement.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I didn't.
But I did walk away feeling enormously smug......
Well I owed it to myself :)

Actually the hardest part was exercising self control while my family gently teased me on the new acquisition. I just wanted to rip it open and fire it up, but instead I sipped a glass and indulged in some relaxed social intercourse........that's true grit.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh! I didn't see that bit. Sewer rats is going it a bit harsh. That would mean I am one, and I hate rats

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Perhaps it's a common American expression that doesn't carry as much of a charge as it does elsewhere......

(Deleted best bit of my comment due to self control :))

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think there are lots of different types of people in society.

One person might say another's faux-hawk looks ridiculous while another might think it's fashionable.

One person might think someone is making an idiot out of themself while that person might not care what others think and is just enjoying themself.

I think part of that first-day crowd is less about the product itself and more about the cameraderie of being with like-minded fans of a product.

For instance, I would never dress up as my favorite Anime character at a convention but there is a part of me that sees those people and admires them for not caring what most folks think.

I think the biggest mistake, however, is dismissing their behavior as "lame" or "dumb".

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, those poor marketing people at One Infinite Loop... they really need to find a better way to market their products since they way they have been doing it so far just doesn't seem to be working!

Most reactions

Latest posts