What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I the only one who thinks siri sucks?

sentinelace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lets face it, Siri works after you tell it to change message 4 or 5 times. It's horrible and needs major improvements including the crap that says "sorry I Can't do that right now"

Samana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use Siri so I don't have a problem with it. The one time I did it didn't do anything. I think I spoke too softly for it... Use google.

-Samana

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find Siri useless.

The hilarious thing is, it understands my American English requests better than my requests in Chinese, which is my native language. The Chinese data base must be really meager, because Chinese Siri has yet to give me a useful answer. Mostly Siri Chinese asks whether I'd like her to look up my question on the Web. On my iPad 4, I switched to British Siri for the heck of it, so I could randomly tell Siri that I want a cuppa and a biscuit, but he doesn't understand.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol. I just switched on German Siri for the heck of it, to test my wretched and limited German. I told Siri that I wanted a slice of chocolate cake and instead it started playing a CD from my music collection, but it's a CD in French. This is fun even if useless.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just switched to Japanese Siri and got it to give me today's weather, lol.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I asked Siri Spanish to find me a cafe con leche. Siri directed me to three places that don't sound promising.

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I used to think Siri sucks but I've gradually grown to appreciate its usefulness. I now really like it. It's more accurate than my typing now.

FrankvanExter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Dutch Siri isn't very understanding. But Aplle is hiring Dutch professionals to enable Siri in Dutch, We have to wait till the release of iOS 7

imini011213

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stated trying to use, "'Speak to it assistant" because Siri wasn't available on my iPhone 3GS. It worked fairly well for the time I put into it, but the documentation was in the app its self, which is hard for me, because if I take the time to look something up, I've forgotten what I wanted to do. I hate that! A lot of apps imbed their documentation within the apps. If they made it available on their web page, we could print out what we need and it would be a lot easier to deal with. By the time I got my iPad mini, I had had enough of these speak assistants. The documentation is always changing if there is any, so I may visit it again in a year or more (if I remember!) maybe it will stabilize and the documentation will catch up, but yeah Siri SUCKS.

Last edited:

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The situations I would find Siri most useful in are usually the situations where it works least well e.g. whilst driving. I also find it overly Americanised - if I ask Siri "what's in my diary today" it offers to search the web for the phrase, but if I ask it "what's in my schedule today" it interprets it as it should; I'm English - I have a diary, not a schedule.

It's definitely better than it was when launched, but for me, it's still a long way from being useful.

tristandcarroll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, Siri does suck for me. I have it disabled since I don't use it. Nearly as useless as Samsungs S-Voice.

Most reactions

Latest posts