What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am i the only one sick of the Ipad 2 rumours?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Love it when people jump straight for conspiracy theories when usually it's just a typically cxxx up.
Bet they looked at it and thought as Andy Inatko said.... who would want to take photos with a silver tray?
Also facetime was nowhere near ready so why add another camera?

Usually theres a multiple of decisions involved in designing new gadgets and Ives did say he was proud "of the things they left out" rather than stuffed in half finished.

writerranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love it when people jump straight for conspiracy theories when usually it's just a typically cxxx up.
Bet they looked at it and thought as Andy Inatko said.... who would want to take photos with a silver tray?
Also facetime was nowhere near ready so why add another camera?

Usually theres a multiple of decisions involved in designing new gadgets and Ives did say he was proud "of the things they left out" rather than stuffed in half finished.

Just to clarify, I don't believe I would call it a "conspiracy theory" as that gives an almost evil spin to it. I just call it simple business decisions that can be debated, rightly or wrongly, for its looking ahead to give appeal to its "next gen" products. All I know is I love my iPad the way it is and I try not to give it much thought.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The camera was not included because there was enough doubt as to it being useful to delay its intro until there was more public input. The Retina display is somethng they tried to get available, but could not get the manufacturing and quality up to speed in time.

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The rumours are gonna be put to rest Wednesday. Not only will ipad 2 be announced, supposedly the first shipment of devices is gonna make its wah to stores then also. Realeased to the public wayyy ahead of schedule. I love my ipad as is. Of course i want new features but ipad 2 has to have some major improvements n upgrades.

I too have heard all the rumors but adding 2 camera's I can see no use for the back one. What am I going to do, carry that big honker on my vacation to take pictures with?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think crippled might be too strong a term for it, but I do believe Apple designs their devices with the next generation or two in mind as well. If you make a product too good the first time around you are going to have a hard time getting people to upgrade to the next version. I think the iPod Touch is a perfect example.

The selling point of an Apple product has never been about technical specs or hardware, and people who complain about not having this or that particular piece of technology are kind of missing the point.

Rather, the Apple approach has always been about looks - that uncluttered, industrial-minimalist style (viz Jonny Ive) - and, for want of a better term, "pleasure to use". Making a device practical and easy to use, supported by some slick marketing, has worked something fierce for them, simply looking at the size of their market share.

There are still plenty of things which can be improved (starting with that dreadful iTunes software) - but by and large, there's a reason why Apple is so easily and readiy embraced by people who like their products, and most of them will tell you it is not about hardware.

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't agree with either of you on this at all. It's a COMBINATION of tech spec advances AND looks/feel of the product that have given Apple such a market leading position. Not the total objective of being maxed out to the limit on tech but still 'out there' whilst the looks side def out there...
S

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts