What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I the only one not THRILLED with the new cover? (Case)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong--it's cool, but im worried about scratching the back. I also find it convenient (for apple) that my would-be choice of colors is only featured in leather ($69) vs. $39 for plastic. I'm interested to hear thoughts because as far as i've heard, everyone is in love with the cases.

cheers

Hi this is my first response to someone also. I recently bought my first iPad 2 and I bought the smart cover in black. I have to say the functionality of it is great and very easy to use when I use my iPad in portrait I clip off the cover and just rest the iPad on it. It works well. I was also very worried about the back getting scratched but did not want to get an all over cover. I like the slimness and look of the iPad and didn't want to cover it so I got a clear hard cover that just kind of clips on the back. U don't even know it's there but I know it is protecting my iPad. It is cutaway where the cover magnets go so it all fits nicely I am also getting an envelope type pouch for when I travel for added protection.

TitanJeff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those of you who are dissatisfied with the Smart Cover, I had researched covers after buying my iPad2 and was really attracted to the Piel Frama tan simulated ostrich skin cover.
That is sweet. Pricey but sweet. I'm seeing some exotic leathers available now which almost cost as much as a 16 GB iPad 2. ;)

I went with the black leather cover from Apple and it's looking better with age. I kind of like the aged leather look and this will develop more "character" with use.

Last edited:

mair72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Hi this is my first response to someone also. I recently bought my first iPad 2 and I bought the smart cover in black. I have to say the functionality of it is great and very easy to use when I use my iPad in portrait I clip off the cover and just rest the iPad on it. It works well. I was also very worried about the back getting scratched but did not want to get an all over cover. I like the slimness and look of the iPad and didn't want to cover it so I got a clear hard cover that just kind of clips on the back. U don't even know it's there but I know it is protecting my iPad. It is cutaway where the cover magnets go so it all fits nicely I am also getting an envelope type pouch for when I travel for added protection.

Hi Leelai,

E-Bay!!! Half the cost for brand new covers for iPads of any kind:)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mair72 said:
Hi Leelai,

E-Bay!!! Half the cost for brand new covers for iPads of any kind:)

Hi "mair72",

thank you for your reply. I have been using eBay for years and did buy my back cover and leather pouch envelope and screen protection for my iPad through the site. The cover is quite expensive but I opted for the genuine one because I know it has and will be getting a lot of wear and if there is a problem I know I can just return it. I purchased a Mac book pro today and will be returning to EBay for my needs now. I appreciated your post though, thanks.

Lee-lai

Most reactions

Latest posts