Am I the only one not THRILLED with the new cover? (Case)

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Broseph, Mar 7, 2011.

1. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi this is my first response to someone also. I recently bought my first iPad 2 and I bought the smart cover in black. I have to say the functionality of it is great and very easy to use when I use my iPad in portrait I clip off the cover and just rest the iPad on it. It works well. I was also very worried about the back getting scratched but did not want to get an all over cover. I like the slimness and look of the iPad and didn't want to cover it so I got a clear hard cover that just kind of clips on the back. U don't even know it's there but I know it is protecting my iPad. It is cutaway where the cover magnets go so it all fits nicely I am also getting an envelope type pouch for when I travel for added protection.

2. iPad-lovers

iPad-lovers
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The best cover for the iPad 1 is the incase....will last forever

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    That is sweet. Pricey but sweet. I'm seeing some exotic leathers available now which almost cost as much as a 16 GB iPad 2. ;)

I went with the black leather cover from Apple and it's looking better with age. I kind of like the aged leather look and this will develop more "character" with use.

#333 TitanJeff, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  4. mair72

mair72
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi Leelai,

E-Bay!!! Half the cost for brand new covers for iPads of any kind:)

5. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:

Hi "mair72",

thank you for your reply. I have been using eBay for years and did buy my back cover and leather pouch envelope and screen protection for my iPad through the site. The cover is quite expensive but I opted for the genuine one because I know it has and will be getting a lot of wear and if there is a problem I know I can just return it. I purchased a Mac book pro today and will be returning to EBay for my needs now. I appreciated your post though, thanks.

Lee-lai