Am I the only one not THRILLED with the new cover? (Case)

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Broseph, Mar 7, 2011.

1. hrush

hrush
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

So it shouldn't do this?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz-oULjkDD0"]YouTube - Ipad 2 smartcover[/ame]

2. wclyffe

wclyffe
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Absolutely! Must be an update coming.

3. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    If you are referring to the mute button, then it is on purpose. The mute button only shuts of system sounds/alerts, but not videos/music. If you want to turn those off, keep the volume down button pressed.

4. FrankP99

FrankP99
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  5. cherhall

cherhall
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Mine does that too. My iPad also took a spill off the dining room counter onto a carpeted floor. No damage, but instead of offering any protection for the glass, the cover just fell off! :)

6. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    I went to the local Apple Store today and asked someone at the Genius Bar, whether it is normal behavior that the SmartCover isn't strong enough to stay closed and the response was yes. The iPad isn't strongly magnetized on the other side, so it won't hold and apparently it would be really difficult to hold it upside down anyway, so it shouldn't matter. I wonder how the cover is supposed to stay on, if the iPad ever falls.

I already bought a leather SmartCover, but after using it over a week, it turns out to be a completely useless cover for my usage.

7. wclyffe

wclyffe
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Mine does not do that...smart cover holds tight even with some shaking. I love the smart cover and a clear Bodyguardz on the back. For me, I do not like cases that add bulk and weight while using the iPad. I realize that there's no protection if I drop it, but it seems less likely than with something like the iPhone. Fingers crossed!!

8. silguy

silguy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Mine doesn't do that either. Is your iPad even magnetize where it's supposed to stick? I checked mine and theres some decent strength polarity in there.

9. silguy

silguy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yes, the mute button. Sorry for the I inaccurate terminology. On another note....haha...I noticed some videos...such as on NBA game time, friendly Facebook and YouTube....the video will play....then suddenly it will jus pop out of the app! I'll have to go back into the app and replay it. Is this becuz of wifi signal?

10. wclyffe

wclyffe
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I cannot tell the difference with the Bodyguardz clear skin on the back with regard to using the Smart Cover. The cover attaches and holds the same as it did without the Bodyguardz, and now there will not be any wear marks from pulling it on and off. I've put these skins on a few times, but I was worried about getting all the air bubbles, etc out on a surface this large, but it went on perfectly and was flawless after 48 hours. The Bodyguardz attention to detail is perfect and I got really lucky lining it all up. It feels like the perfect combo...no real added weight or bulk and I use a lightweight, padded Booq zipper case to travel it.