Am I the only one not THRILLED with the new cover? (Case)

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Broseph, Mar 7, 2011.

1. HKWrite12

HKWrite12
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Scandalous

Do you they'll give me a 64 gb i2 for a 64 i1 price? It's not my fault they keep them in the same case and have the i2 prices with the i1 display? Clearly I'm not going to pay more for the older model.

Apple doesn't mind losing a buck when they're making a million. They know they don't make enough accessories. That's why they do it to begin with. They want to give you a complete experience. That's why they try to trick you into buying 3 printers with one 13" macbook.

Won't it just be grand when you can buy the ipad in COLORS? YAYAYYAYAYA! not gonna happen, but I would definitely get a blue one!

2. madhatter61

madhatter61
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:

Well, ya know each new model needs a nice feature ... with iPad2, it's the smart cover. the support stand is more stable and provides a slick way to store it. Even quick on/off ... how, nice is that?

You mention "even if it has problems" ... I don't see any problems ... just an opportunity for other vendors.

#192 madhatter61, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  3. Broseph

Broseph
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

I agree. It's a huge opportunity for vendors. I'm sure they're delighted that Apple's own case doesn't cover the back.....which is what a case is supposed to do. We have entire threads dedicated to the question of wether or not certain third party cases are compatible with Apple's. Essentially you either have your shiny new iPad 2 go naked, go third-party, or buy Apple's smart-case and buy a third party back.

4. Tarkio

Tarkio
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:

I went through 3 full-cover cases on my iPad1 and was never completely satisfied with any of them. I'm glad Apple split the top and bottom covers. Now I can customize to a much finer extent.

5. Broseph

Broseph
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I see your point about customization, but how many people can justify $39.99 (or $69.99) + another $30 for a back skin. It's not something i'm willing to invest in. It's just too much--i'll stick with the smartcover and hold on to my iPad like my life depends on it, lol. One bad fall and it has "charecter" :D

6. Tarkio

Tarkio
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    After spending $829 that's seems like a small amount. I also spent additional $$ to get leather seats in my new car. I guess it's different for everyone. :)

7. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    This only speaks to how personal an accessory is, and how people have different expectations and requirements. I have two full-cover cases on my iPad and am completely satisfied with both (and both of them are customized and made-to-order.)

8. wclyffe

wclyffe
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    But while they are beautiful, the Grovemade cases are $80. There are lots of choices for considerably less money. Still, it looks great.

9. ThePhotog

ThePhotog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have a leather smart cover I got missed priced at Wal-Mart , I really like it. I'm waiting for a zagg leather back cover.

10. techgonewild

techgonewild
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    iPad 2 Case

I got a ZooGue case becuase I liked there case for the iPad 1. It can turn the screen off aswell. Check it out at zoogue.com

I got 20% off with this code ZGHENDREN26 code expires soon so if you want one order now.