Am I the only one not THRILLED with the new cover? (Case)

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Broseph, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Broseph

Broseph
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    honestly that looks really cool. The magnets don't look that bad--if you're really desperate to have a smartcase on your ipad 1.....that's not a bad way to go. just be careful with the superglue, lol

2. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    I like the design, the only thing I don't like is that it is a bit slippery without the case...but it makes it lighter and sexier....big problem of course as was mentioned, the cheaper option only comes in ugly colors and black is only available in the pricier leather option...but I would probably get leather anyway.

3. Broseph

Broseph
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The obvious reasoning that the "kids" colors, (light blue, bright green, and....pink....) would be poly--is to force us to buy the good colors in leather. It's ridiculous. Apple could make poly in any color it wants. It disgusts me.

4. Mtnmedic

Mtnmedic
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ditto. Gluing or taping stuff onto a $600 or an $800 device like the iPad (or any other expensive tech device) in order to achieve mediocre results is just janky.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

5. cherhall

cherhall
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    It's been a long time since this 54 year old grandma has been called a kid, but I ordered the pink one......because it's what I liked! Nothing to do with the price.

6. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:

I might have ordered pink too!:)

7. Broseph

Broseph
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My apologies :) My point was that the more muted, less flashy colors are only available in leather when they should be made available in poly as well. I hope you enjoy your pink case--it's not a bad choice by any means.

8. Tarkio

Tarkio
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    But my point is why pick on Apple's Smart Case? Most every electronic device or accesory you buy is cheaply manufactured overseas. That's why they're made overseas. A product's price has little to do with the cost of manufacturing and everything to do with what the market will bear. My local Apple Store is sold out of leather smart cases, enough said. No one's forced to buy anything they don't want.

9. Torria

Torria
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I totally agree. Apple already knows that the professionals will head for the more corporate friendly colors which only come in leather. I couldn't imagine myself going into a meeting with a bright orange smart cover. However when I was apart of the younger set I was very attracted to bright pink and white. It is also more appropriately priced at 39.00 for that population to obtain. That's not to say that the older crowd couldn't enjoy the bright colors also. Even though would not take the orange to a business meeting I probably would use it or any of the other colors on a Saturday afternoon to accessorize an outfit.

Sent from my iPad using iPF. Torria

10. kctay

kctay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    The thread that wouldn't die....it's like the energizer bunny. ;)