What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I The Only 1 Not Upgrading ?

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
55julie55 said:
I'm sticking with my original iPad 1
Both for reasons of money and really don't see the need too.
Very happy with what I use it for and what it can do.

I as well am staying with iPad 1. Well until next February. My 64 GB iPad 1 is doing a great job.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Linux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Throwaway society sucks.

I need an iPad2, but I don't need something faster or a better display, since I wish to use it as a remote for pro-audio software and for similar simple needs.

Even if it might be completely out-dated in 5 years, if it still should work, why should I buy another iPad?

2 Cents,
Ralf

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These days in this overall, sad state off affairs in reference to the world economy your lucky to have an iPad. 1, 2or 3 only matters to the individual. There is such a minor set of differences that it gets back to being lucky to have one. Count your blessings, not features. Forget what "the Jones's" have.
The new iPad comes Friday and that's it. No more for me until the ipad6 is here. I don't care if they come with French ticklers.

Last edited:

sherrygodmother

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
No way!!! I am sticking with my 2!!! No need for me to upgrade right now.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

I have the same iPad. Have you chose a 3G plan? I am not sure how many GB to sign up for per month. Any advise?

Last edited:

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sherrygodmother said:
I have the same iPad. Ave you chose o 3G plan? I am not sure how many GB to sign up for per month. Any advise?

I have a tethered 3G plan via my iPhone 4 for 20.00 per month. I use wifi when I am at home or visiting friends. 3G is for when wifi is not available or too slow.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sherrygodmother said:
I have the same iPad. Ave you chose o 3G plan? I am not sure how many GB to sign up for per month. Any advise?

I have the minimum 2GB. Depends on your usage. Do you have wifi at home you can use? If not, then you will need 3G. If you use it quite a bit then you will need to purchase quite a few GBs per month.

sherrygodmother

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
I have the minimum 2GB. Depends on your usage. Do you have wifi at home you can use? If not, then you will need 3G. If you use it quite a bit then you will need to purchase quite a few GBs per month.

I have wifi at home but I need something for travel. I would use wifi when possible but seems my conventions in older hotels require me to pay as much as 11.95 a night. I plan on only paying month by month as needed. Am I reading that right? I think the Verizon plan is 1GB for $20 per month.
Thanks

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sherrygodmother said:
I have wifi at home but I need something for travel. I would use wifi when possible but seems my conventions in older hotels require me to pay as much as 11.95 a night. I plan on only paying month by month as needed. Am I reading that right? I think the Verizon plan is 1GB for $20 per month.
Thanks

2GBs for untethered iPad data for 30.00. 1GB for 20.00. 2GB tethered iPhone data to connect to iPad is 20.00. Check with Verizon to see additional pricing and data tiers.

MarbellaSD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the iPad1, 16G 3G with iOS 5.1 (upgraded yesterday) and love it...but I'd like to be able to use the new iPhoto app which won't work on it. If I had the iPad2 I don't think I'd be looking to upgrade. I also want 32G, as I'm sometimes pushing the limit on capacity, though I can usually delete photos and old video stuff I didn't realize was still there to free up space.

Now my biggest decision is whether to buy a used iPad2 32G 3g or spring for the new one with 4G LTE, and in either case, Verizon or AT&T. I have not been thrilled with AT&T's overseas coverage/reception; don't know if VZ is any better. Domestic has been OK, and I like being able to use it instead of paying the high WiFi rates at hotels. (Side note: why is it that the more expensive the hotel, here or abroad, the less likely it is to offer free WiFi? That's what I've found, anyway!) I believe VZ's 3G and 4G are dual band CDMA and GSM.

I'm also waiting for the next iPhone (it will be my first) and hoping I can get it before leaving for Europe 10/9...not holding my breath, though.

yesi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased the ipad 2 3G on AT&T last week and I love it! So far the coverage is good.
There just one thing, it has a scratch. No idea how it got there, but it's driving me crazy. Can a light scratch be fix?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
yesi said:
I just purchased the ipad 2 3G on AT&T last week and I love it! So far the coverage is good.
There just one thing, it has a scratch. No idea how it got there, but it's driving me crazy. Can a light scratch be fix?

Can you exchange it?

Most reactions

Latest posts