What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I ready for upgrade?

CamCam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am about to upgrade my iPad 2 from os4 to os6, and I've read about people loosing everything in the process. I have to make sure that doesn't happen to me! I have done a regular backup, and I have copied all the apps to the iTunes account on my laptop. Have I missed out anything?

And the next steps I think, will be to do the upgrade, and then restore the whole thing from my most recent backp.. Correct? I am SO addicted to my games, that the idea of loosing everything freaks me out!

Thanks for any hints or input!
CamCam

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think as long as you have done a complete back up and have a good internet connection you should do fine. Ive backed up my devices to iCloud and have been very happy with the restore. However, i haven't come from such a older IOS to the newest IOS either though.

OP
C

CamCam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll give it a try, but parhaps I should wait until I return from vacation, to ensure I have the internett connection.

Thanks again!
CamCam

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am about to upgrade my iPad 2 from os4 to os6, and I've read about people loosing everything in the process. I have to make sure that doesn't happen to me! I have done a regular backup, and I have copied all the apps to the iTunes account on my laptop. Have I missed out anything?

And the next steps I think, will be to do the upgrade, and then restore the whole thing from my most recent backp.. Correct? I am SO addicted to my games, that the idea of loosing everything freaks me out!

Thanks for any hints or input!
CamCam

Make sure your backups are up to date and upgrade on the wire. Finally, Make sure it's fully charged.
Good luck

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure your backups are up to date and upgrade on the wire. Finally, Make sure it's fully charged.
Good luck

Good advice, but in this case, there is no choice. OTA updates started with iOS 5.

Once you have done the update, you may find that your wifi connectivity is not what it was. If this is the case, just reset network settings, and you should be good to go.

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good advice, but in this case, there is no choice. OTA updates started with iOS 5.

Once you have done the update, you may find that your wifi connectivity is not what it was. If this is the case, just reset network settings, and you should be good to go.

Actually..
I still flash on the wire. it's still the safest way to upgrade.

Most reactions

Latest posts