Am I reading too much into this?

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by Magnetic1, Jul 26, 2014.

1. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I use my iPad flat with the cover just folded flat behind it....if I want it propped up I just turn up the last fold on the cover, it supports it well like that.....

Then I sometimes have it standing up with the triangle formed with the cover....my iPad stays connected to the cover like this. Yours doesn't?

Here's my skin......and I love it!.... :p

image.jpg

2. skallal

skallal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, but I have to reply. I use the Smart Case and the button is on the right. But I don't touch type on the screen in the way Marilyn does. In fact, I've long given up on touch typing on the iPad screen. While I'm a decent touch typist, I poke type with a stylus instead. If I really want to touch type, I use a Bluetooth keyboard.

So with the Smart Case on, I hold it with the folded triangle at the bottom. I find it easy to hold it that way for reading, and yes for poke typing with a stylus.

I can't wait for iOS 8 so I can use the Swype keyboard. Hopefully that will cure me of any desire to use an Android tablet, lol! In fact I'm entering this post on an Android tablet, Swype keyboard and a stylus...

#12 skallal, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  3. ObiJohnKenobi

ObiJohnKenobi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Blasphemy!!! :)

4. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I know, right?! :p Horrors!

Yeah, I touched type on the screen. Gotten pretty good at it, too.

Still, to use the cover (and keep it attached so the iPad won't drop to the surface of my desk, it's in landscape with the button on the left.

Guess I'm just the odd one out. :D

Marilyn

Doesn't mean I'm not also looking forward to a Swype featured keyboard in iOS 8. Man, that'll be so cool!

5. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You're not the odd one out Marilyn, I use my iPads in landscape mode with the home button on the left as well.

6. goofy8275

goofy8275
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    I have my iPad in a Belkin folio case so the home button is always on the right.

7. SeanR

SeanR
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Always on the right in landscape, using a poetic case, but I use my Nexus 7 about as much as my iPad 3. Testing out my wife's rMini right now, home button on right again.

8. Scottysize

Scottysize
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Left, right? Who's right? At least with Android we always know where the home button is! It's always on the bottom!