What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

am i paranoid

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi new here but just bought new ipad 2 and when i tried yo set it up there was an apple id without npassword
already there.
this wurried me a little but then when i went to itunes to upgrade the os which has only been out a few weeks it was already updated.

am i paranoid or have i been sold a used ipad 2 ?

there are no scratches fingerprints or anything on it but i just get this sickening feeling that someone has already used it and seeing as i paid full price from currys uk i am really really annoyed so can someone please either settle my mind or give some advice ? eternally grateful if you can guys.

OP
P

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no that is why i feek ripped off
either someone from the store has had a play on it
it has been returned as unused by a lying git or
it has been refurbished and each of those scenarios is rather annoying to put it as nicely as i can
would you take it back or just look at it as one of those things ?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, first where did you purchase the iPad?

Second, what is your return policy?

If your are unhappy, then return the device if possible and look elsewhere? Really up to you - good luck - :)

OP
P

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no that is why i feek ripped off <br>either someone from the store has had a play on it<br>it has been returned as unused by a lying git or<br>it has been refurbished and each of those scenarios is rather annoying to put it as nicely as i can <br>would you take it back or just look at it as one of those things ?<br>

OP
P

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, first where did you purchase the iPad?

Second, what is your return policy?

If your are unhappy, then return the device if possible and look elsewhere? Really up to you - good luck - :)
from currys uk which is part of pc world dnnt know if you have this company where you are but as i say there is nothing wrong with it In fact i love it to death but i just have this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that someone has taken the piss out of me and it really is spoiling the enjoyment ofit cos i dont know about anyone else but i saved up for three months for this and i just do not like being taken advantage of

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can understand how you feel, you've saved and spent a great deal of money. I don't have an answer for what has happened, but certainly it looks as though it has been used before. Was it in all the new wrapping and such when you got it? I have wondered what happens with all the iPads that people have returned. I did think that they were then fixed, repackaged and sold as refurbished. At the least I would return to the store and ask for an explanation, also get in touch with Apple and ask them for an explanation. I'm sorry if this has taken the gloss of your iPad though.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts