What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

always opening page when scrolling

geodavky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm forever opening a page I don't want to open when scrolling. Any way to avoid this?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which app is causing this trouble? If it's Safari you were talking about, there's no way that I know of to vary the 'touch or scroll' sensitivity of the screen - but you can zoom the screen to help avoid 'touch' a hyperlink

Tim

Mio_BB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I usually scroll near the edge of the screen. There tend to be fewer links to touch by mistake. I almost never open new pages unintentionally.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you start to scroll, start your finger moving before you touch the screen. I other words don't put your finger on the screen then start moving it. If your finger is moving when you touch the iPad, it knows that you want to scroll, not select. Doesn't always work, but it sure helps.

Most reactions