1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Alternative Email Client

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by AndrewKent, Jun 25, 2011.

1. AndrewKent

AndrewKent iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi folks,

I'm pretty sure that the answer to this one is going to be "no" however I'm going to ask anyway. Is there an alternate email app for the iPad? I find the stock version a little bit on the simplistic side and I have a few different accounts so I want to access them in one location.

Any suggestions?
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +812 / 0
    Well, I would first suggest listing your needs for an e-mail program and your specific issues w/ the limitations of the built-in program for the iPad?

The 'Mail' program is rather complete if you have thoroughly reviewed the options in the Apple user's guide for the device; multiple accounts can be retrieved and viewed separately or in a combined fashion.

The eBook shown below goes more into these options than the Apple guide - it was a 'free' download for a while but is now about $5 on Amazon.

[​IMG]
  3. AndrewKent

AndrewKent iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ah see now here's the forlorn hope that I have. I guess the comparison that I am looking for is Office Outlook. And I'm guessing if there was an App comparable in functionality as Outlook, I would have heard about it as I keep fairly up to date with new apps that come out.
  4. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    Well I don't know about the functionality but how about the Outlook Mail Pro app, it may just do what you need.

The Archangel
  5. zorah

zorah iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I too have multiple e-mails, and the stock program does just fine giving me access to all of them. I have two yahoo addresses, one being used for e-newsletter subscriptions, and it allows me to have both yahoo e-mail addresses separately. Gmail is my primary e-mail for friends, but Gmail also allows me to pick up my Comcast e-mail that I use professionally, so I don't have Comcast configured there as I don't need to. So I have three accounts altogether and I pick up e-mail on all of them with no problem, and it actually is 4 e-mail addresses total.
  6. Jbs

Jbs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have five accounts on my iPad consisting of one office Exchange account syncing mail, calendar and contacts, one personal gmail account, two Yahoo accounts, and a Cox account. All function flawlessly. One strength of the native email program is that a gmail account can be set up as an Exchange account, enabling push email. Unlike most platforms, you can have multiple Exchange accounts. As far as I can tell, there is no reason to use an alternative email client.
  7. Eddieboi

Eddieboi iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use mbox mail both for ipad and iphone for my hotmail.
  8. Manou

Manou Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same here and it works like a treat.
  9. CoLDSToRAGE

CoLDSToRAGE iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have a couple of gripes with the built-in email client;

1. I Can't seem to find a "Delete All" for the Inbox. I receive 75-100 emails a day, so it would be a really nice feature.

2. I have to hard reset the iPad sometimes to remove "No Sender, No Subject" e-mails that have no content and can't be deleted ( it must be a bug? ).

Other than this, it ain't too bad. I have a googlemail account and two POP3 accounts and it manages them reasonably well otherwise.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. GallonOfAlan

GallonOfAlan iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The default client refuses to retrieve certain emails from the IMAP account that I use it with, with no error given or apparent reason. Every other client does it just fine. So there's a reason that I need an alternative. Same with the stock browser which is unable to search in largish text documents without crashing to the desktop.
  11. allanrube

allanrube iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have 3 accounts and receive 76-100 emails a day. A friend on Android uses a client that has a unified inbox and allows "select all" and then delete.

Are there any ipad email clients that have these features?
  12. Wilsonl1

Wilsonl1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone know why I can't connect to a Pod15002.outlook.com server for University?

I can connect to the web outlook fine