What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alternate Mail Program?

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
all email accounts are POP, so it doesn't make sense to set up as IMAP does it? SMTP Authentication is via password, so yes, they do know it's me, otherwise what's the point of a password. And it works randomly from "foreign" locations, regardless. And if I receive emails on a different channel, but forget to toggle the account to gmail, then I have the debacle I mentioned earlier. Thank you, I've finally found the trash. Does nobody else have the crashing problem? And "being more careful" is pretty useless when it's so easy to accidentally bump the screen in the wrong place. The fact remains, I'd love another alternative to Mail -- seems strange that there are none for such an important utility.

Just for the record, our ipad2 works perfect ... none of the stuff you seem to be faced with. Hope you figure it out. I was going to suggest reloading the operating system. If an Apple store is close by let them help you.

jazmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only solution I've found so far is to forget that my iPad has the Mail app. It reduces the utility of my iPad considerably, but overall it saves me time and frustration. Most of the replies to my original post in this thread seemed to suggest that I just didn't know what I was doing, but I've since found that I'm hardly the only one. Even if we assume for the sake of argument that I am a novice, I thought he whole point of this thing was that it was ever so intuitive.

Does that mean you don't get mail on the iPad? Or do you use some app other than iPad Mail?

mBox mail is a great app if you are using some flavor of Hotmail, which I no longer am.

Does no one else have any suggestions?

Thx

OP
I

iPadre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jazmo said:
Does that mean you don't get mail on the iPad? Or do you use some app other than iPad Mail?

mBox mail is a great app if you are using some flavor of Hotmail, which I no longer am.

Does no one else have any suggestions?

Thx

Correct. I no longer use Mail on my iPad. And if no alternatives are forthcoming, I won't be updating my iPad, either.

MaxJameson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with mail either. I agree with the others, it's got to be something else.

believer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of a sudden when I try to delete hotmail message(s) it jumps to the home screen and does not delete. The gmail messages delete perfectly. What should I do.

kaptiv8her

iPF Noob
Reaction score
okay...so my only issue with the mail program is that I have 5 email accounts, but 1 for work. My work email requires a signature, but the signature wouldn't apply to the remaining accounts, yet the native mail program seems to use same signature for all email accounts. Am I missing a setting here?

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts