What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Already need help

maryfran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning. Have had this iPad for two months, and think I have made a huge mistake in getting the smallest storage size offered. Have had iPhone four years, and since I really only "play" thought I would be fine with the $499 wifi only. However, today I couldn't download a Martha stewart magazine due to lack of space! And I don't think I have anything on here. One movie, and I did sync with iTunes. Any recommendations????

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This doesn't seem possible - if you've only downloaded one movie (they take the most space) then I can't see that, even if you only have the 16GB iPad - you could possibly have run out of space.

Go to 'Settings', 'General', 'About' and see how much space the iPad thinks you've got left.

I suspect there's another issue here...

Tim

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to ipf,

This does seem like a strange thing. Could you please go to settings, general, about. Once you are there take a screenshot - This can be done by pressing and holding the hold and home button together for a second or two. It will then be saved into your pictures.
Could you then upload that picture to this thread, and then someone will be able to help you more accurately.

I hope you find this forum as informative and addictive as I do!
You will find that there are many members with a great knowledge base, waiting to help you with any issue you might have.

# Don't forget to use the search function, as there is a lot of issues already resolved here.
# If you haven't already, download the user manual for free at: http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad
# Also, feel free to have a look at this thread, it gives great tips and tricks for new users: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
# Ensure you take time to familiarize yourself with the forum rules at: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Now that you are here you will never want to leave, so have the time of your life. :)

Regards,
Chays

Last edited:

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In addition to that, could you also take a screenshot of your usage. This is under settings, general, usage.
You will need to click the show all apps button, and might need to take two or three screenshots so we can see all your apps and where all your usage is.

Regards,
Chays

ceejayfandino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Chays, after general my ipad doesn't have usage, it has about and shows how much more space i have left and how many apps i have but unlike with an ipod touch settings, it specifically shows how much space a particular app use. Please help. Thank you.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Chays, after general my ipad doesn't have usage, it has about and shows how much more space i have left and how many apps i have but unlike with an ipod touch settings, it specifically shows how much space a particular app use. Please help. Thank you.

What version of iOS is on your iPad? I recently upgraded to iOS5 and selecting 'General' from w/i 'Settings' will bring up at the top of the right panel 'About, Software Update, and Usage'; the latter after selecting 'Show all Apps' will list what is installed on your iPad and the space used; so are you using iOS5?

ceejayfandino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
What version of iOS is on your iPad? I recently upgraded to iOS5 and selecting 'General' from w/i 'Settings' will bring up at the top of the right panel 'About, Software Update, and Usage'; the latter after selecting 'Show all Apps' will list what is installed on your iPad and the space used; so are you using iOS5?

Nope, I'm still 4.3.5, i don't have a mac or pc at the moment and will not able to ugrade soon. Will I still be able to see my updates?

ceejayfandino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ceejayfandino said:
Nope, I'm still 4.3.5, i don't have a mac or pc at the moment and will not able to ugrade soon. Will I still be able to see my updates?

And thr usage?

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ceejayfandino said:
And thr usage?

Unfortunately not, seem like the usage is part of IOS 5 and the update tab is used when you already have IOS 5 for future updates.
The nice thing of IOS 5 is that once you have updated to it, you THEN don't need your pc anymore. So try find someone who can update it for you

Regards,
Chays

OP
maryfran

maryfran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chays. Just from what you asked me to do, I figured it out! I found the culprit. Too much music was downloaded. Didn't realize it. I upgraded to the 5.0. Synced and removed unnecessary items. Now have more than half my storage left. Thank you so much.

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maryfran said:
Chays. Just from what you asked me to do, I figured it out! I found the culprit. Too much music was downloaded. Didn't realize it. I upgraded to the 5.0. Synced and removed unnecessary items. Now have more than half my storage left. Thank you so much.

That's great new, I'm so glad it sorted out.

Regards,
Chays

Most reactions

Latest posts