Almost No Sound in Mail

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by DavidM, Nov 27, 2015.

1. DavidM

DavidM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    get and receive mail the sound is so low I have to hold it up to my ear. Of seems to be a problem just with the sounds. Internet and you tube will blast you out of the room. Anybody else noticing this. Any fixes?

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you checked in Settings>Sounds to see if the volume slider is not almost all the way to the left? If it is, slide it over more towards the middle and see if that makes a difference.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. DavidM

DavidM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    All the way to the right. Plus vol. button on pro is also full up. Funny I have a couple songs I bought for ringtones on my phone that show up on the pro too. They are louder but on a 1 to 10 where ten is the sound on ringtone the same song is about a 5 on mail and the mail sound is a 1.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried changing the sound itself under Settings > Sounds. Also check under Settings > Notifications > Mail. Individual notification sounds can be set here for each account, and they override the general Sounds settings.

If none of that helps I'm not sure what is happening; but a couple questions that might narrow things down.

Is the Change with Buttons switch on or off?

When you tap the sound in the Sounds settings, is it louder, or the same as what you normally hear?

When you test the other sound settings, are they louder, quieter, or the same?

If you test the sound you usually use with Mail under one of the other notifications, how does it sound?

5. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Do you live close enough to an Apple Store to take in the iPad for a Genius Bar appointment? They could run a diagnostic to determine if the problem is software or hardware related.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. sjleworthy

sjleworthy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    This is a known happening, with a ton of others reporting the same issue. Me included.

Apparently the latest ios 9.2 will fix it

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. DavidM

DavidM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I kind of thought it may be the software. I did a full reset and no help.

8. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You might have to wait for the public release of iOS 9.2 to fix your problem.

9. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    In the mean time you could try setting individual sounds for each account in Settings > Notifications > Mail. I can't guarantee it will work, but the only notification sound I have for Mail is my VIP inbox (feature must be turned on to show), and it's reasonably loud. It's the Synth sound.

So, sounds set there may work, or not.

10. davidalan99

davidalan99
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Just updated to 9.2 on my iPad Pro. Notification, keyboard, and Mail sounds are back to normal, like they should be. Seems like 9.2 solved the low volume issue on sound effects.