almost New iPad user

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by insel71, Mar 23, 2015.

1. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Only because it there, by the bed, and lighter than the iPad so it's easier to hold up. And I specified Kindle, because I obviously can't use it to read something from iBooks.

Anywhere but bed I tend to use the iPad, even when reading something that I could use the Nexus for.

The iPad sits by the computer. So I'd have to get up and go get it, and then it wouldn't be fully charged and ready when I wake up the next morning.

2. Blue92

Blue92
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Makes sense. I tend to take the iPad with me almost everywhere in the house. Even sold the Kindle device I started with.

3. rasmith1959

rasmith1959
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Since I bought this iPad, I've hardly touched my Kindle keyboard and use the Kindle app on the iPad. The only thing I don't like is that you aren't able to purchase new books with the app. Oh well, guess you can't have everything...

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    What I do is place a homescreen link to the Kindle store right next to the Kindle app. You could also place both in a folder named Kindle.

5. insel71

insel71
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well I should change the name of this thread to 'New iPad user. All be it a first gen, but am getting a Mini 3 on Monday. Will install kindal on Monday.

What I like so far. The iOS isn't all bloatware. Seems to take up less memory as the Android version. 16gb memory still sucks, but will upgrade the iPad mini 3 to the 64gb version on Monday. The screen is cool. Unlike Android I can use the web in landscape or portrait mode. Downloading on the Mini 1 sucks, but I hear it's faster one the mini 3. I am getting a case for the mini 3 on Monday, but almost don't want to as this feels so nice to hold.

6. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    And if you use this address for the Kindle store you get a pretty icon, as well as a tablet optimized version of the store.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/kcp/tos.html

7. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That's the one I use.