All Things Educational (ok and some RPGs and photo editing tools))

Discussion in 'iPad at School' started by SIDCID, Aug 11, 2011.

1. SIDCID

SIDCID iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm always looking for apps, in all subject areas (Math, Geography...), that have differentiated ways of successfully helping students learn from grade 5 to grade 9; especially needed are apps that will allow students to manipulate the patterns used/needed in writing, reading, math...Really good ones are hard to come by.

I've had my iPad since the April 2010 release date. I can't recall a day since then that I haven't used it. I'm an ipad accessory geek (sadly, I've tried many different keyboards, cases, styluses, lap buddies).

My favorite Note taking/PDF editor/Book Reader (marker-upper) is UPAD although there are several other great apps out there (GoodReader and Noteshelf for their own unique skills).

I'm still looking for a way to save PDFs from Safari to any of my pdf apps. If anyone has a suggestion.

2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,052 / 0
    Hi, SIDCID:

First, welcome to the forum!

If you have a PDF open in Safari (where the URL ends in PDF), put a "g" in the very front of the URL (in front of the http:// part). Then hit enter. Goodreader will then open the PDF and as a consequence, have the PDF stored in its part of the iPad. Very handy, that.

Marilyn

P.S. BTW, I deleted the exact same post you put in the introductions section. Double posting = a no-no here, m'kay? Ta.