What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Paid Apps Gone after unlocking!

iHaywire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Im new to this forum. Also new to iPad. Just collected my iPad 3 just this week! However I have a question pertaining to my wife's iPhone. She just called up Vodaphone to unlock her phone as she is being posted to Asia to work for a couple months. She was told to back up her iPhone first before syncing the iPhone to fully unlock her phone (so that she can put in an overseas SIM card when she's posted to Asia). As I wasn't there to do it for her, she said that all her apps (paid and free 'aftermarket' apps, besides those that came 'stock' w the iPhone) are gone! Apps such as Whatsapp, and some other paid games etc are gone.

Is there anyway to see if she actually DID back up her apps? All her contacts appear to be all there in her iPhone tho, which is weird but not the apps. Anyway we can retrieve the apps?? Or is it gonna be bad news and have to repurchase them again?

Your advise n expertise in this matter greatly appreciated, as I might do the same in a couple months time when I go overseas. Thank you all in advance.

OP
iHaywire

iHaywire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
She has a feeling that it could be her Apple ID. Initially she also has this problem of having some apps m not others n realized that she has 2 email Apple ID's. She's trying that now.... And it seems to be working as we speak! Phew!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apps are not backed up. Hopefully iTunes already has these "saved" so that they can be re-added to the iDevice. Otherwise any apps previously purchased can be re-downloaded free of charge.

Most reactions

Latest posts