What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All music and videos disappeared

taylorhome11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have a 32 gb iPad 3G. Jail broken with sn0wbreeze 4.3.2. Been jail broken for about 2-3 weeks with no issues. Synced multiple times just fine. Today I was just buying a couple songs of iTunes and when I went to check if I had a song, nothing was in the iPod portion. Only the songs I purchased. Then I checked my videos and nothing at all was there either. So basically the iPad is displaying only what I purchased and not all the songs and videos I imported into iTunes manually then synced automatically. Sitting in my truck waiting to go into work so I can't plug it into a computer to see what's going on with it. The capacity is the right size for all the music and videos added, just not displaying it. Any help would be appreciated.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved this to the Hacking section, where I thought it would receive better attention. I hope this is OK.

Tim

Reaction score
Is there any chance that you may have accidentely opened a playlist in the iPod app? On the left side is a list of playlists, 'Music' should be the one highlighted as that is the only time iPod displays the whole library.

Not sure about your Videos though, they shouldn't disappear. Have you tried rebooting? (Press the power button for 5 sec, than slide to power off)

Hackint0sh814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first suggestion would be a reboot. Hold down the home and power buttons together for 10 secs. If that doesn't work have you installed any new Cydia apps or tweaks lately?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reboot, re-sync, respring......

The list goes on and on for common fixes.

As for your problem, I have no idea. I know iTunes is *!?%# so re-sync is all I can say. Or try to restore to an earlier backup.

OP
T

taylorhome11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any chance that you may have accidentely opened a playlist in the iPod app? On the left side is a list of playlists, 'Music' should be the one highlighted as that is the only time iPod displays the whole library.

Not sure about your Videos though, they shouldn't disappear. Have you tried rebooting? (Press the power button for 5 sec, than slide to power off)

No I wasn't in a playlist or anything.

My first suggestion would be a reboot. Hold down the home and power buttons together for 10 secs. If that doesn't work have you installed any new Cydia apps or tweaks lately?

That kind of reboot didn't work either. I don't do anything crazy with it. Music, Videos, app store apps. I don't really screw with the tweaks and stuff really. Im more into tweaking android than iOS. :D

Reboot, re-sync, respring......

The list goes on and on for common fixes.

As for your problem, I have no idea. I know iTunes is *!?%# so re-sync is all I can say. Or try to restore to an earlier backup.

I fixed it originally by just resyncing. It literally cleaned out my music and videos and then resynced every single one of them. I fixed it the day it happened and then today just now it happened again. but the pattern still exists. Buy something from iTunes on the iPad and everything disappears till resync. I am on 4.3.2 so I am going to upgrade to 4.3.3 with jailbreak and see what happens. Is sn0wbreeze a good one or should I try a different one. This was the only one that I could get to work right for some reason.

OP
T

taylorhome11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well an update on this. I went ahead and upgraded to 4.3.3 and jailbroke it using sn0wbreeze. Then I resynced everything this morning and then bought a couple things on the device. Everything seems to be ok now. At least for about the last 12 hours. So it must have been something with 4.3.2. Don't really know but at least it seems to be good now. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Most reactions

Latest posts