All-in-one app for students

Discussion in 'iPad App Announcements' started by Epsilon, Apr 17, 2011.

?

What do you think about Student Pad

1. Great, I love it :)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fair, but need more improvements

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Bad, not satisfied

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Epsilon

Epsilon iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there,

We have just released Student Pad, an all-in-one app for students on AppStore. It is created for working people and students to make use of iPad for their everyday tasks: reading books (and taking note at the same time), writing and drawing, managing classroom related document and information, and doing maths stuff.

READING pdf book with PAGE FLIPPING

TAKING NOTE while reading book, or slides, or any other document

MANAGING document, schedule, and information of your classes

CALCULATING with built-in arithmetic, logarithmic, trigonometric, integral, derivation, products, sums, series functions

GRAPHING arbitrary functions

WRITING and SKETCHING with built-in notebook

Have a look: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjKgviB5AHc]YouTube - Student Pad[/ame]

Check it out: Student Pad for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Say "hi" to us: Epsilon | Facebook or Epsilon Mobile Pte. Ltd.

Thanks and regards :)
  2. Epsilon

Epsilon iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. Epsilon

Epsilon iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Version 1.2

Version 1.2 of Student Pad is available on AppStore here Student Pad for iPad on the iTunes App Store :) It's cool!

Excerpt from developer's blog:

"So what is new in this version 1.2? We have finally finished the functionality that iPad uses are waiting for so long: ability to highlight and sketch directly on the PDF books. Being inspired by a comment on NYTimes 2 months ago, we believe that our solution perfectly fit what is missed in the market right now: "I think the publishers undervalue a student's desire to highlight and otherwise markup his or her textbook. If I could take notes in the margins on my e-textbook and flip *very* quickly through pages, sections and chapters, then I would likely ditch hard textbooks for good, especially those outside my major and ones I don't think I'll ever reference again in the future."

Personally, this is also what we have experienced at schools. Reading books, especially financial, academic or reference books are not like reading novels: users need the capability to highlight important ideas, markup a chart on the book, or write down some main points which come out of his mind while reading. I bet you won't like the feeling that you've just forgot a *million dollar idea* while reading a book several days ago, just because you had nothing to note it down at that time, right? And not only books. Think about lecture notes or slides: taking notes during lectures give you an advantage during the exams ;)

Aside from highlighting or sketching directly on your book, if you are a tidy person, you can use the built-in post-it note available on every page, which you can type, draw or doodle. It's fun, isn't it?"

Read more at: Epsilon Mobile or Epsilon | Facebook
  4. Epsilon

Epsilon iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0